Freaked myself out tonight(bonehead move)

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
So I've been using my Axe FX II in 4cm mode with my JVM for quite a while now (very happy with it BTW).
I decided to go to 19.0 and see how much better the pedals sound, so I updated , no issues and ran my 3 main 4CM patches
everything sound good, so for giggles I decided to plug in my seismic SAX-15. I set the padding back to zero in the I/O menu and
went through a bunch of my patches..................WTF? they all sounded like complete crap Hmmm. I downloaded 19.0 again and reinstalled.
Nada...no difference, so at this point I started to freak out a little bit
Then.....................................I remembered, that to protect my amp from squealing like crazy if I accidentally fall onto a "regular patch"
not one set up for 4CM I had disabled the power amp modeling and the Cabinet modeling.
god damn did I feel like a moron:lol turned them back on and all was back to normal. but being away from using FRFR for a while now it made me realize that ....
FRFR is never going to work for me unless I'm just using it to monitor patches for recording.
So if anyone in the Boston area would like to swing by and pick up my Seismic it's yours for $125.00 as I don't see myself having any use for it any more.
I don't want to ship it because god forbid something happens to it (i'm not all that confident in the box they sent it to me in to protect it)
I'll just use my KRK 8's for recording moving forward, they have plenty of juice for that.
PM me if interested. :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom