Wish Framus Cobra & Boss HM-2

TheTrueZoltan!

Inspired
Here is a bunch of gear I would love to get modeled by Fractal. One can dream, right? ;-)

The Framus Cobra is IMHO one of the - if not the - best high gain amps ever made. Super tight and aggressive. Unfortunately not in production anymore since Framus was bought by Warwick.

Boss HM-2... well, I am sure a lot of people would like to get that Swedish Death Metal chainsaw sound! Myself included, of course.

And this might not be an expensive, super high quality, boutique tube amp. In fact pretty much the opposite. But the Marshall Valvestate 8100 has a very unique sound and a lot of my favorite metal records from the 90's were recorded with that amp. Would be cool to have a digital model!

And it would be great to get the Marshall JVM410HJS OD channels with activated mid shift.

I don’t know if this helps but heres some details on how to create that amp

The Tonestack type is a Bandaxall
The preamp is a cold clipping like the
SLO

They usually pair w greenback in the matching cab

I don’t know if this helps but heres some details on how to create that amp

The Tonestack type is a Bandaxall
The preamp is a cold clipping like the
SLO

They usually pair w greenback in the matching cab
He mentioned two amps, which one?

IIRC, Cliff said once on one of the other generation wish lists that the Cobra was extremely similar to the Dual Rectifier. I would like to have one in the box, too, though :D I also remember a number of folks saying the Recto is surprisingly similar to the SLO in the preamp.

Last edited:
He mentioned two amps, which one?

IIRC, Cliff said once on one of the other generation wish lists that the Cobra was extremely similar to the Dual Rectifier. I would like to have one in the box, too, though :D I also remember a number of folks saying the Recto is surprisingly similar to the SLO in the preamp.

The Cobra
Is a bandaxalll tone stack with an /SLO/Recto pre

I found this analysis of the HM-2 which was pretty interesting:

Seems the clipping stage is pretty similar to the SD1 but it has more extreme EQ.

As someone who has played both the Cobra / Dragon live for years, and recorded with both of them as well, I'd love for someone to share a preset that gets close to their sound because I've never been able to get the FX3 or FM3 to come close. (Please don't take that as a dig towards Fractal). The closest I've played is Josh Middleton's Kemper profiles.

It's literally the one amp that I've been dying for in the Fractal.

Back
Top Bottom