Wish Framed limited edition source code snippets:)

tysonlt

Power User
It’s a bit cheeky, but once upon a time I got a piece of the original Star Wars film cell as a gift. It was awesome. I would love to have a framed piece of source code from the first ever firmware… like one line from somewhere obscure like the USB code or something… how cool would that be?

Nice idea, but so won't happen, I doubt Cliff would ever give anyone any indication what's going on behind the curtain

Which is exactly why it would be so cool! I’m sure there are some boiler plate lines to initialise USB drivers or something… not for the sake of the code itself (what it does) but to have a piece of history

In 79 a disco near my home claimed to have a piece of the original Saturday Night Fever dance floor integrated into their own lighted floor. Just turning 18, and eligible to get in, we all did our best moves on that spot - lol.

Perhaps you could find a knob off an old Axefx Standard to mount on your wall, or here, you can print and frame this old manual. Code would not do it for me personally but I'm guessing this would be an original snippet:
If modelslcted="recto1"
set crack=10
Endif;

When I was at Berklee, an announcement was made over the PA that pieces of Steve Vai's carpet were for sale. Personally, I would much rather own a Fractal NFT.

An "artist" just sold a piece of invisible "art" as an NFT.

I suppose I could sell original pieces of code as NFTs. Just seems kinda slimy though.
Wow, I had to google NFT. The whole speculative market side is indeed a bit shall we say “interesting”, but I would still like to have a tiny little unique piece of the platform I love so much and has done so much for my playing. I had really bad RSI once and getting the fractal was what helped me back, so I’m quite sentimental about it!

Also I’ve lost that piece of Star Wars film cell and want to replace it with a piece of something that is even more important to me 🙂

I was imagining something framed in cheesy holographic ink, but an NFT sounds really cool!

I suppose I could sell original pieces of code as NFTs. Just seems kinda slimy though.

You don’t have to sell them for much! 😁 and perhaps, oh I dunno, the wisher gets a shot at item 001? 😁😁😁 “In the beginning was the code…”

They would make a cool gift too.

An "artist" just sold a piece of invisible "art" as an NFT.

Slimy? Meh. I’d just chalk it up to a fool and his money.

The whole NFT thing seems pretty stupid to me. It’s another one of those trendy things that has no real value other than relieving stupid people of the burden of having money.

The whole NFT thing seems pretty stupid to me. It’s another one of those trendy things that has no real value other than relieving stupid people of the burden of having money.
It’s the new Beanie Babies. And it’ll experience the same market collapse.

I didn’t know what NFTs were before this thread. Talk about playing with money! Truly strange. That’s not really what I was thinking though. If I can rescue the wish from the slimy morass of commercial mania… I still wish it! Not as a really bizarre investment, but for the sheer joy of having a tiny snippet of the seed of something that brings me so much joy. If ‘minting’ NFTs is the easiest way for Cliff to indulge this wish, then ok. I would be just as happy if it was printed on a dirty napkin!

Well a wish is a wish I guess. Was worth a (long) shot.

Back
Top Bottom