FracTool - for power users only

@AlGrenadine I think I found 2 bugs in the new version of FracTool that happen when you convert an Axe-FX II Ares 2.0 preset to Axe-FX III FR 15.01 preset:

• Any modifiers enabled on a parameter turn the Scale 1 parameter down to 0% in the 3 where the modifier was active and audible in the 2.
  • Any Amp Block Output EQ that had values greater or lesser than zero default to Off rather than On to mimic the sounds in the II.
Can you fix? The first issue I found when updating to 15.01 and converting presets. It never happened before.

The second issue has been around for awhile but is now getting to be a time suck for me.

@AlGrenadine I think I found 2 bugs in the new version of FracTool that happen when you convert an Axe-FX II Ares 2.0 preset to Axe-FX III FR 15.01 preset:

• Any modifiers enabled on a parameter turn the Scale 1 parameter down to 0% in the 3 where the modifier was active and audible in the 2.
  • Any Amp Block Output EQ that had values greater or lesser than zero default to Off rather than On to mimic the sounds in the II.
Can you fix? The first issue I found when updating to 15.01 and converting presets. It never happened before.

The second issue has been around for awhile but is now getting to be a time suck for me.
Yes, if you send me axefx2 presets ;)
But i don't know when i'll have some time, very busy these days...

Good evening all.

I have been trying to import FX3 presets over to my FM3 using the Fractool. Am I always required to add an input and output when the preset finally comes across?

I reckon I'm doing something wrong as they sound utter rubbish 😂🤷🏻‍♂️

Any guidance is greatly received.

All the best

J

Good evening all.

I have been trying to import FX3 presets over to my FM3 using the Fractool. Am I always required to add an input and output when the preset finally comes across?

All the best

J
Yes
FM3 grid is smaller so things have to be manually added

Good evening all.

All the best

J
Just FYI, you can natively convert presets between Axe Fx III and FM3 - you don't need FracTool.

Not taking anything away from Al's great tool... But it isn't required.

I don't have an FM3 so I can't comment on which is a better way.

FracTool 3.53 is available :
  • FM3 3.01 support
  • Can now display modifiers informations on offline grid !
  • Fixes preset conversion problems found by @dr bonkers : modifiers conversions and amp block's output eq
Is it expected that we have to have Axe-Edit III running but communication paused if we want to connect to a FX3 with FracTool? That is the only way I can get FracTool to recognize my FX3.

I checked "See presets when opened" but no presets are displayed for either my FM3 or FX3. What is that supposed to do?

Is this normal? Querying the FM3 for the cablist is extremely slow and spits this out to the log:
Timeout querying preset name 0 retrying
Error querying preset name 0
Error querying preset name 0

Clicking the Sysex sniffer tab does nothing.

The spinning beach ball doesn't spin during long operations.

Is it expected that we have to have Axe-Edit III running but communication paused if we want to connect to a FX3 with FracTool? That is the only way I can get FracTool to recognize my FX3.

I checked "See presets when opened" but no presets are displayed for either my FM3 or FX3. What is that supposed to do?

Is this normal? Querying the FM3 for the cablist is extremely slow and spits this out to the log:

Clicking the Sysex sniffer tab does nothing.

The spinning beach ball doesn't spin during long operations.
No
It works here.
Shut down everything but FracTool.
Sysex sniffer is for people having the password

See presets when opened : displays the grid when you send a preset to a fasDevice by double clicking a syx file.
You have to associate syx extension to FracTool

No
It works here.
Shut down everything but FracTool.
Did that many times, tried rebooting the FX3 and the Mac, but still get no FX3. So, it's nice it's working there, but I'm trying to get it to work here and so far the only thing that worked was my previous work-around.

Sysex sniffer is for people having the password
"password"? Password to what? Is that a super-secret thing in FracTool?

Clicking it blew up the app.

You have to associate syx extension to FracTool
It is already. They show up as owned by FracTool by icon and in the Get Info window.

Last edited:
Did that many times, tried rebooting the FX3 and the Mac, but still get no FX3. So, it's nice it's working there, but I'm trying to get it to work here and so far the only thing that worked was my previous work-around.

"password"? Password to what? Is that a super-secret thing in FracTool?

Clicking it blew up the app.

It is already. They show up as owned by FracTool by icon and in the Get Info window.
I don't use mac, i'll try to reproduce...
Yes a password for a secret thing

Back
Top Bottom