FracTool - for power users only

I have the same issue w/the latest version of FracTool. I too am running Mac and Big Sur. I tried deleting it from my machine and re-downloading. When I try to install, it fails to install... I love this App and sure hope we can get an idea of what the fix is. Thanks!

Here's the message I get when trying to re-install:
“FracTool.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.
You have to allow install from unverified sources, has always been like this

You have to allow install from unverified sources, has always been like this

Got it (I had forgotten how to allow an unverified app)... Once this was corrected, I had to open up the "Fractal-Bot" app and select my Axe-FX III. Once I did this, FracTool now works fine! But it is defaulting to the FM3 (failing to identify my unit), until I select my unit in Fractal-Bot...

I have the same issue w/the latest version of FracTool. I too am running Mac and Big Sur...

then: I had to open up the "Fractal-Bot" app and select my Axe-FX III. Once I did this, FracTool now works fine!!!

Awesome, opening Fractal-Bot and selecting the AFIII worked for me as well. FracTool is now showing the AFIII instead of the FM3. Thanks!

Hi! Getting an instant crash upon opening 3.52, running Catalina 10.15.7. I've attached a screenshot of the problem report below. Let me know if I am doing something wrong on my end! Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 12.06.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 12.06.43 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Got it (I had forgotten how to allow an unverified app)... Once this was corrected, I had to open up the "Fractal-Bot" app and select my Axe-FX III. Once I did this, FracTool now works fine! But it is defaulting to the FM3 (failing to identify my unit), until I select my unit in Fractal-Bot...
You have to turn off the other devices and use only one at the same time then

You have to turn off the other devices and use only one at the same time then
Thanks, Al. That's the weird thing though. I had to turn ON Fractal-Bot in order for FracTool to recognize my AFIII.

This morning I turned on my AFIII, opened FracTool and see a greyed out FM3 even though I don't have any other software running. I turned on Fractal-Bot, closed FracTool, re-opened FracTool, saw a greyed out FM3 for a split second, but then it changed to display the AFIII in color.

Last edited:
Thanks, Al. That's the weird thing though. I had to turn ON Fractal-Bot in order for FracTool to recognize my AFIII.

This morning I turned on my AFIII, opened FracTool and see a greyed out FM3 even though I don't have any other software running. I turned on Fractal-Bot, closed FracTool, re-opened FracTool, saw a greyed out FM3 for a split second, but then it changed to display the AFIII in color.
You also have to run FracTool after the axefx3 has booted

You also have to run FracTool after the axefx3 has booted
Yes, the AFIII was up and running before I launched FracTool. I just tried it again with the same results; AFIII on, no other software running, launch FracTool and get a greyed out FM3. Close FracTool, launch FracBot, select AFIII in FracBot, launch FracTool and see a greyed out FM3 for a split second, then it changes to display the AFIII in color.

Al, you have a bug. I just powered up my Mac, then the Axe Fx III and nothing else was running or using the Axe Fx USB. Next, I started FracTool with nothing else running and got the greyed out FM3 and no connection to the Axe Fx III. I tried this multiple times.

I did get this error on startup of FracTool but it doesn't appear to be related to USB communications: QNetworkReplyHttpImplPrivate::_q_startOperation was called more than once Url("http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/axefxsend_latest_version.xml")

FracPad and Axe-Edit connect just fine. After starting up Axe-Edit and it connecting, I quit Axe-Edit and started up FracTool. Only then did FracTool connect to the Axe Fx III as it should.

Hi guys, I've used presets from AxeChange many times before, and successfully converted/modified presets using Fractool. All very routine and slick.

But, I recently switched to a new PC, and suddenly I'm struggling with a weird bug. I downloaded about a dozen presets (mostly from FX2, some Ax8) and converted them to FM3 format using Fractool. All appeared to convert just fine, for instance I can see them after conversion and the file names get appended with (FM3). I fired up FM3 Edit and tried to import them via the Manager, but it doesn't recognize most of them. One it does recognize, oddly. The one that FM3-Edit recognizes was actually the only one that was an AX3 preset, the reset were legacy.

Now, when I just directly push the preset to the FM3 using Fractool, it works just fine.

Anyone else having this experience? FM3 on 3.01, using Fractool 3.52 and FM3-Edit 1.02.02. I've converted tons of legacy presets in the past, never had this issue. Though maybe long ago I just pushed them with Fractool rather than imported using FM3-Edit... can't recall.

Thanks!

Hi guys, I've used presets from AxeChange many times before, and successfully converted/modified presets using Fractool. All very routine and slick.

But, I recently switched to a new PC, and suddenly I'm struggling with a weird bug. I downloaded about a dozen presets (mostly from FX2, some Ax8) and converted them to FM3 format using Fractool. All appeared to convert just fine, for instance I can see them after conversion and the file names get appended with (FM3). I fired up FM3 Edit and tried to import them via the Manager, but it doesn't recognize most of them. One it does recognize, oddly. The one that FM3-Edit recognizes was actually the only one that was an AX3 preset, the reset were legacy.

Now, when I just directly push the preset to the FM3 using Fractool, it works just fine.

Anyone else having this experience? FM3 on 3.01, using Fractool 3.52 and FM3-Edit 1.02.02. I've converted tons of legacy presets in the past, never had this issue. Though maybe long ago I just pushed them with Fractool rather than imported using FM3-Edit... can't recall.

Thanks!
Hi,
So it appears when converting gen2 to fm3?
Can you share a gen2 preset producing this behavior?

Hi,
So it appears when converting gen2 to fm3?
Can you share a gen2 preset producing this behavior?
Sure. So the one that did work fine was ID 7752, "8 String Djent". The ones that didn't work were mostly the ones from the Periphery guys, such as ID 1043, Jake Bowen >> Crunch.

So far it's a Gen2 to Gen3 (FM3) correlation, but I don't know if that's the cause. And I am really baffled because the presets push just fine via Fractool.

Sure. So the one that did work fine was ID 7752, "8 String Djent". The ones that didn't work were mostly the ones from the Periphery guys, such as ID 1043, Jake Bowen >> Crunch.

So far it's a Gen2 to Gen3 (FM3) correlation, but I don't know if that's the cause. And I am really baffled because the presets push just fine via Fractool.
I'll give it a run asap, but i'm totally booked for a long time

Al, you have a bug. I just powered up my Mac, then the Axe Fx III and nothing else was running or using the Axe Fx USB. Next, I started FracTool with nothing else running and got the greyed out FM3 and no connection to the Axe Fx III. I tried this multiple times.

I did get this error on startup of FracTool but it doesn't appear to be related to USB communications: QNetworkReplyHttpImplPrivate::_q_startOperation was called more than once Url("http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/axefxsend_latest_version.xml")
I can confirm this. I just powered up my FX3, with no software from Fractal running, and got the greyed FM3 icon and the same error. And, it continued after retrying.

I powered off the FX3, turned on the FM3, reloaded FracTool and it recognized the FM3 and presented the normal icon. This was the message it gave:

QNetworkReplyHttpImplPrivate::_q_startOperation was called more than once QUrl("http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/axefxsend_latest_version.xml")

initAxeFx : connected to "FM3" ( 17 )

Version : "3.01" (Maximum preset version : "0x103" )

midi in : "FM3" isUsb: true

I left the FM3 running and powered up the FX3 again, and it recognized only the FM3, and won't let me switch.

Back
Top Bottom