FracTool - for power users only

Hi @AlGrenadine,

Hope you're staying healthy.

Any chance of adding a feature to the Batch Setter to change the 'control source'?
The reason I ask is that I've purchased a preset bank, and the wah block isn't set to the controller I need to use (External 2) - That would be handy!
Thanks
Pauly

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8/FX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8/FX8 ! :D
Or ax8 presets on AxeFx II
Or open Ax8 or AxeFx II presets or cabs on AxeFx III and FM3 !
Etc...

capture.jpg
capture2.jpg

• It shifts usercab slots pointed by your CAB blocks so if an XL preset points to user cab 10, the converted II preset should also point to usercab 10, and viceversa
  • It converts Tonematch data if the preset embeds some. (not on AX8 of course)
  • Nothing is changed in the blocks parameters, so you may encounter differences if the AxeFx II reacts differently or if the XL preset used unavailable blocks (Y states)....
  • When converting to AX8, unavailable blocks are removed and replaced by shunts
  • Can convert offline
  • Shows preset layout (online & offline)
  • Shows preset layout if a conversion encountered unavailable blocks (online & offline)
  • Auto-updates to latest version (after 2.0 beta 16)
  • Can now convert presets to local files even if connected to a fas device.
  • Successfully converts blocks with different X/Y data sets between II/XL/AX8.
  • Bypass states should be kept between II and XL.
  • Now converts input block successfully to/from AX8.
  • Now converts approximatively to/from AX8 AMP block levels.

• Now includes all functionalities (and more) of defunct AxeFxBankMgr
  • Allows you to audition easily banks/multiple presets at once just by dropping files on the FAS device icon.
  • Batch convert multiple banks/presets at once by dropping files on the harddrive icon.

• Audition Multiple presets/Cabs
  • Convert/rearrange cabs banks
  • Create Cabs banks from single cabs or the reverse.

- Convert bundles

- Includes functionalities from AxeFxCabList
capture4.jpg

• Allows renaming of Presets and Cabs in banks
  • Associates to syx file extension (win)
  • Allows you to export blocks from presets individually
  • Converts individual blocks and send individual blocks to the connected machine

• audition tools when dropping a cab bank or multiple cabs : you can mark the cabs you like, set a timer for axefxsend to automatically let you audition a new cab every xx seconds etc...
  • Convert bookmarked cabs to a bank or saved them to individual cabs.
  • Supports zip files ! You can now drop a zip file containing cabs or presets or whatever ! :)

- NEW ! Compare amp models without changing any parameter ! And with their real world names
capture3.jpg

- NEW in 2.10 : access AxeChange presets/cabs !

capture5.jpg

- NEW in 2.16 : Online/Offline preset parameters display, Export to CSV/PDF/XML/HTML

- NEW in 2.20 : Preset and block randomizer

- NEW in 2.21 : Batch setter allows you to set/increase/decrease a parameter on multiple presets !

- NEW in 2.60 : Amp Resetter tool allows you to select which parameters you wanna keep and reset all your amps across multiple presets !

- NEW in 2.68 : extract tonematch data to WAV IR file!

- NEW in 2.74 : convert or see blk files!!

- New in 2.80 : convert II/XL/XL+/AX8/FX8 presets/cabs/banks to III !
See here:

"Use at your own risk"

And please donate if you like/use it ;)

Here is the tool :

THERE IS NO VIRUS IN IT : PROOF =
https://virustotal.com/fr/file/a14f...21249030d815831cc456e304/analysis/1464710322/

If your "antivirus" (AVG/Windows Defender or other pseudo-antivirus) detects it as a virus, then adopt another antivirus.

Win : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.exe
Mac (10.10+) :
http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.pkg

I recommend you associate syx file extension to it, this will allow you to hear a preset/ir by double-clicking it.

Presets are sent to the edit buffer, you'll have to save where you want.

Irs are sent to scratchpad and present cab blocks are set to point to scratchpad, easing auditioning process.

Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Thanks to @FractalAudio for allowing me to do it, @duguy for beta testing and @tgunn for code inspiration.

Usage :

LICENSE
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! This is NOT a Fractal Audio Systems product. It is neither endorsed by nor supported by Fractal Audio Systems. Should you require support after loading presets created by this program, Fractal Audio Systems has asked us to warn you that they may require you to erase your presets and reset system settings before providing any type of official support.

This software is provided "as is" with no performance guarantees. Any damages incurred as a result of its use are the sole responsibility of the end user, i.e., YOU.

The use of this software is free for personal use. Any commercial preset seller must first ask an express authorization for selling the converted presets, even if modified after conversion.

French video tutorial :

English video tutorial :

Hi @AlGrenadine,

Hope you're staying healthy.

Any chance of adding a feature to the Batch Setter to change the 'control source'?
The reason I ask is that I've purchased a preset bank, and the wah block isn't set to the controller I need to use (External 2) - That would be handy!
Thanks
Pauly
Hi Pauly,
Do you mean, change modifiers sources ?

Hi Al,
sure do.... I wanted to set the value of the wah’s modifier source to ‘external 2‘. That would be a useful feature for anyone purchasing a preset pack that makes use of modifiers, as (often) we don’t have the same pedal or controller configuration as the preset creators.
thanks
pauly

Hi Pauly,
Do you mean, change modifiers sources ?

Hi Al,
sure do.... I wanted to set the value of the wah’s modifier source to ‘external 2‘. That would be a useful feature for anyone purchasing a preset pack that makes use of modifiers, as (often) we don’t have the same pedal or controller configuration as the preset creators.
thanks
pauly

+1 Yes I’d like similar- and being able to set the Auto engage position as my spring loaded expression pedal needs setting it at 5% not the 95% in some presets.

Whenever I start FracTool it tells me that there is an update.
I click OK to download (only option).
It downloads for a few minutes and then I get msg:
"Could not write to C:/Program.......etc."
What's wrong?
File permission checked it is not protected, I am admin.

Is there a direct download link?

Whenever I start FracTool it tells me that there is an update.
I click OK to download (only option).
It downloads for a few minutes and then I get msg:
"Could not write to C:/Program.......etc."
What's wrong?
File permission checked it is not protected, I am admin.

Is there a direct download link?
Right click on it, execute as administrator.
If still no good then your antivirus blocks the download

Thanks for the update @AlGrenadine . Not to be a PITA but, I'm still having the same issue with the Amp Resetter tab. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? I'm running Windows 10.

Attachments

• Amp Resetter.PNG
    Amp Resetter.PNG
    316.4 KB · Views: 6
Thanks for the update @AlGrenadine . Not to be a PITA but, I'm still having the same issue with the Amp Resetter tab. Do you have any idea what could be causing this? I'm running Windows 10.
@AlGrenadine I saw the exact same thing on the previous version last night on a Mac. I haven't had time to check this new version yet but it might be worth looking into. Thanks for all the great work on FracTool!

Hi @AlGrenadine Thanks for the great tool! Unfortunately, after I did the update, FracTool is now showing a greyed out FM3 icon instead of an AF III. (I have an AF III.) Also, FracTool quits every time I click on one of the tabs. This is happening on a Mac running Big Sur. I didn't have any issues with prior versions of FracTool on Catalina or earlier Mac OS.

Hi @AlGrenadine Thanks for the great tool! Unfortunately, after I did the update, FracTool is now showing a greyed out FM3 icon instead of an AF III. (I have an AF III.) Also, FracTool quits every time I click on one of the tabs. This is happening on a Mac running Big Sur. I didn't have any issues with prior versions of FracTool on Catalina or earlier Mac OS.
Nothing changed, only firmware definitions...
Quit other fractal related softwares...

I have the same issue w/the latest version of FracTool. I too am running Mac and Big Sur. I tried deleting it from my machine and re-downloading. When I try to install, it fails to install... I love this App and sure hope we can get an idea of what the fix is. Thanks!

Here's the message I get when trying to re-install:
“FracTool.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Update
: I was able to get the app to re-install, by going to settings->security->allow app to install

then: I had to open up the "Fractal-Bot" app and select my Axe-FX III. Once I did this, FracTool now works fine!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom