FracTool - for power users only

I just got my AF3 yesterday so I am trying to build my main AF2 presets on the AF3. When messing around with the Wah block I noticed that something may be off with the Resonance parameter.

That's a screen capture of the AF2 preset directly from the AxeEdit:
View attachment 74420

And that's a screen capture from the FracTool of the very same AF2 preset:
View attachment 74421

All other values seem OK (taking under consideration any number rounding etc.) except for the Resonance (Res).

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thanks in advance!
It's just a parameter infos interpretation, FracTool displays parameters just for information purposes, they may be irrevelant as AxeEdit has some hardcoded parameters interpretations here and there...

It's just a parameter infos interpretation, FracTool displays parameters just for information purposes, they may be irrevelant as AxeEdit has some hardcoded parameters interpretations here and there...

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about...in reality the actual AxeEdit value (not the hardcoded/formated for UI purposes) is 6.38/10 = 0.638 which is 0.64 when rounded to two decimal digits, so that makes sense.

Thanks!

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about...in reality the actual AxeEdit value (not the hardcoded/formated for UI purposes) is 6.38/10 = 0.638 which is 0.64 when rounded to two decimal digits, so that makes sense.

Thanks!
So FracTool is ok with AxeEdit, so i don't see any problem ?

So FracTool is ok with AxeEdit, so i don't see any problem ?

No problems whatsoever, I was just expecting it to be "what you see, is what you get" and "what you get, is what you see" on both apps, it's alright. I just started using the FracToolso I wasn't aware of any of these.

Everything is OK.

It seems to me that FracTool has a problem with FM3. In most cases, there is no input and output. I can see that transformation from FX2 to AX8 or FX3 to FX2 is 100% ok. But with FM3 it's not working.

It seems to me that FracTool has a problem with FM3. In most cases, there is no input and output. I can see that transformation from FX2 to AX8 or FX3 to FX2 is 100% ok. But with FM3 it's not working.
Explained a dozen times already... Think about it a little more : The fm3 grid is smaller than every other product as you have to put in/out blocks, so... you have to do this manually
And the thing is FracTool tells you to, in its log window !!

Last edited:
@AlGrenadine Is there any way to defeat this pop up box from coming up every time I need to convert an Axe-FX II Cab-Preset bundle to an Axe-FX III preset to use as a starting point?

AXe-FXIII Conversion Warning.JPG

No because then people would complain the exported preset isn't a bundle...
The only way would be fas to finally implement gen3 bundles ;)
Couldn't you make this a "Don't Show this again" check the box for those of us that can remember things beyond a few minutes? Not everyone are like baby pigs.

So they complain. Ignore the stupid ones.

You can’t fix stupid. There is not a pill you can take or a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.
I agree with Steve.

Give the adults a toggle. It's been 2 years and it looks like the preset+cab bundle is not happening for the 3. It was an obvious move rather than a develop it later kind of decision it looks like.

@AlGrenadine Another feature that would be great to implement is Batch Convert of presets, for those people moving from one Fractal product to the next.

The dialog would ask:
  • which format do you want to use for all batch converted presets?
  • which folder do you want to save the converted presets?
  • Use the original file names for the converted preset file names?
  • Edit file names with additional text for file names?

@AlGrenadine Another feature that would be great to implement is Batch Convert of presets, for those people moving from one Fractal product to the next.

The dialog would ask which folder do you want to save the converted presets and it would use the original file names for the converted preset file names or allow you to edit them in some way.
Already there : drop multiple presets, it will open a bank window, hit save as individual presets, choose destination format, done

I'm trying to convert some old AXE-FX 2 presets which include tone-matching into an FX3. Something isn't working though since when I import the syx file it turns up flat. Here's what I did:

1) FracTool: Opened the preset in FracTool (using the viewer)
2) FracTool: Right clicked on T-Match -> Export Tone Match -> AXE-FX 3
3) AxeEdit: Manage Cabs -> Drop in the exported preset
4) AxeEdit: Drop in a new cab block, select the IR
5) AxeEdit: Align view -> Flat line and no sound.

Tried a few different presets without luck. Has this happened to anyone else?

AXE-FX 2 Version: 8.00
AXE-FX 3 Version: 14.05

where can I find the latest version for AXE FXIII?
I downloaded what I thought was the latest but it won't even install on my windows 10 laptop.

Back
Top Bottom