FracTool - for power users only

Can FracTool parse AX8/FX8 MIDI command info (the per-scene MIDI channel/CC values that are stored in each preset)? I'm not seeing it in my stored presets while viewing them offline, and it doesn't seem to translate to the MIDI block on the FM3.

@AlGrenadine, just for your information, Avira now put Fractool in quarantine ( TR/Dropper.Gen2 detected). Nearly sure it's a false positive but maybe you can inform avira... (I'm on Windows 10 with avira free version 15.0.2007.1903). Thanks.

I'm having a problem with this program. It used to work normally until today when I opened it and nothing showed up on the screen. I have the windows version installed. The icon shows in Taskbar but nothing happens when I click it. The window is nowhere to be seen :eek:

I'm having a problem with this program. It used to work normally until today when I opened it and nothing showed up on the screen. I have the windows version installed. The icon shows in Taskbar but nothing happens when I click it. The window is nowhere to be seen :eek:
Uninstall and reinstall maybe?

Uninstall and reinstall maybe?
There is no uninstall option, it is a single file. I downloaded it again and ran it, no difference.

Ok now I got it to work. It was somehow placed outside of my monitors. I right clicked the icon in taskbar and selected "maximize" and it appeared on the display.

There is no uninstall option, it is a single file. I downloaded it again and ran it, no difference.

Ok now I got it to work. It was somehow placed outside of my monitors. I right clicked the icon in taskbar and selected "maximize" and it appeared on the display.
Windows does that sometimes. I have no idea why.

In MS Windows, when this happens where you know you have opened the program, and it shows in the taskbar but not on any of the screens, it means it has moved off of the current views of the screens.
If you are sure it is the "active" Window, press the ALTkey+Spacebar, and it will pull up a window menu, as in, "what would you like to do with with the current window?" Choose "Move" and then you can either use the arrow keys, or the mouse to move the window somewhere onto your screen, and press the ENTER key to keep it there.
Sometimes, choosing the "restore" selection works, too, but not always. If it does work, and you select the Maximize button again, it may disappear!

For some reason Fractool no longer works on my laptop, win7 64bit. It used to function normally, but has had this problem for about 4 months.
System Restore doesn't have restore points that go back that far.
I've cleared the registry, downloaded & installed the latest version.
When I launch the gui doesn't open & the task manager shows it there, but the byte size is zero. I've tried it in compatibility mode with no luck.
Any suggestions?

For some reason Fractool no longer works on my laptop, win7 64bit. It used to function normally, but has had this problem for about 4 months.
System Restore doesn't have restore points that go back that far.
I've cleared the registry, downloaded & installed the latest version.
When I launch the gui doesn't open & the task manager shows it there, but the byte size is zero. I've tried it in compatibility mode with no luck.
Any suggestions?
Disable antivirus, redownload

Hi Al. I have a question about the Batch Setter.

Would it be possible to add the Source Modifiers for, at least, the following AMP block switches?

Input Boost
Cut
Fat
Bright Switch
Saturation Switch

At Austin Buddy's Gold Pack they are assigned to Control Switches. For those of us who are not using a FAS pedalboard, it would be convenient to change them to External Controllers, so we can assign a CC

Hi Al. I have a question about the Batch Setter.

Would it be possible to add the Source Modifiers for, at least, the following AMP block switches?

Input Boost
Cut
Fat
Bright Switch
Saturation Switch

At Austin Buddy's Gold Pack they are assigned to Control Switches. For those of us who are not using a FAS pedalboard, it would be convenient to change them to External Controllers, so we can assign a CC
Hi,
I'll have to think about it after the holidays, it would be very practical for sure

Hi,
I'll have to think about it after the holidays, it would be very practical for sure

Thank you! That would be very welcome.

After assigning these 5 AMP switches at some presets, I've found that it is very convenient to have them under the feet. If that batch feature could be implemented, I would asign these AMP switches to all my presets. I have spare switches at my expandable DIY MIDI foot controller :)

Today I wanted to find out what cabs I am using and eventually remove obsolete cabs. So I started: CabList > Cab-> Presets > Refresh and after some minutes I got a csv file. So far so good (and by the way many thanks for offering this great feature).

My problem: The list is not complete. Why? Blocks "IR Player" are not considered. In these blocks you can select one cab. What now?

This doesn't seem to have been asked in a while so... is there a way to select which online Fractal device to address in FracTool without powering off the unwanted devices?

Back
Top Bottom