FracTool - for power users only

Al - when I fired up the latest FracTool, I attempted to do a backup of the Axe-FX3. I got timeouts on every bank (and so on). Admittedly it's been a while since I used this utility, but I'm betting something's wrong.

FracTool 3.45 is available :

• gen2 to FM3 conversion : will try to fit in and out blocks but you may have to add them manually if not enough room
    • FM3 to III conversion
    • III to FM3 conversion : will try to fit everything, blocks which can't fit staying connected will be put in a free slot, unconnected
    • gen3 presets/cabs/system backup support
    • Preset grids export to PNG
    • Many bug fixes

Enjoy :)

Many thanks to @FractalAudio and @Admin M@ for their help :)

Last edited:
Noob question: When FracTool says there's an update, it apparently downloads and installs it, which is great.

However, that breaks my shortcut to it (Windows 7), and now I can't find the new version. It doesn't appear to create a Start Menu item, which make it easier to find.

Where does it put the updated version of the application?

Noob question: When FracTool says there's an update, it apparently downloads and installs it, which is great.

However, that breaks my shortcut to it (Windows 7), and now I can't find the new version. It doesn't appear to create a Start Menu item, which make it easier to find.

At the exact location it was previously put

It overwrites the old version.

It overwrites the old version.
That's what I would have expected, but my existing and previously working shortcut actually is broken. This happened the last time it updated too, had to download and install it again.

Don't see what I could be doing wrong. Bleh.

Last edited:
That's what I would have expected, but my existing and previously working shortcut actually is broken. This happened the last time it updated too, had to download and install it again.

Don't see what I could be doing wrong. Bleh.
Broken in whats sense?

FracTool 3.46 is available :

• Batch setter now has a "Unlink global block and save" function (AxeFx III only)
    • Batch setter now has a "Search for block" function : it will display the presets using the searched block
    • Grid window now can display gen3 controllers values

@yek this is for you ;)

Last edited:
FracTool 3.46 is available :

• Batch setter now has a "Unlink global block and save" function (AxeFx III only)
    • Batch setter now has a "Search for block" function : it will display the presets using the searched block
    • Grid window now can display gen3 controllers values

@yek this is for you ;)

whoa!!

thanks, will test this weekend!

The SEARCH FOR BLOCK feature is a very handy addition.

Let's take the recent firmware changes regarding the Phaser and Flanger blocks as an example. Those firmware versions changed the sound of existing presets. This new FracTool feature can search through all (or a range of) presets and list the ones which contain a certain block type, in this case a Phaser of Flanger. This makes "maintenance" far easier and faster.

And UNLINK AND SAVE now allows us to export a range of presets after unlinking all global blocks in each. Makes sharing presets much easier.

Back
Top Bottom