FracTool - for power users only

I've tried to install this and my mac pops up this message when I try to run the software... FacTool Quit Unexpectedly : Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple. I'm on MacOs Mojave version 10.14.6 :( anybody have issue too ??

I owned an AX8 for 2 month while waiting for the FM3 to be released. Bought some commercial preset packs for it. I sold the "8" 2 weeks ago in expectation that the 3"3" was getting really close.
Well last Thursday it must have been a blue moon because GC-Online in NJ-USA had a used Axe3, yes, an Axe3, for $1666, mint condition. Called the store, found it to be legit, as some frequent trader, flipped his entire sytem for a Bose PA.

Anyways, bought it and received it yesterday.

My question is how well will the Fractool convert AX8 presets to AxeFX3 preset. I watch the video ans see some SHUNTING may be necessary to keep the audio path intact, but sound quality wise, will it work, or are the certain known adjustment I'll need to make?

Thanks in advance,
Marc

I owned an AX8 for 2 month while waiting for the FM3 to be released. Bought some commercial preset packs for it. I sold the "8" 2 weeks ago in expectation that the 3"3" was getting really close.
Well last Thursday it must have been a blue moon because GC-Online in NJ-USA had a used Axe3, yes, an Axe3, for $1666, mint condition. Called the store, found it to be legit, as some frequent trader, flipped his entire sytem for a Bose PA.

Anyways, bought it and received it yesterday.

My question is how well will the Fractool convert AX8 presets to AxeFX3 preset. I watch the video ans see some SHUNTING may be necessary to keep the audio path intact, but sound quality wise, will it work, or are the certain known adjustment I'll need to make?

Thanks in advance,
Marc
Hi, small adjustments are expected as the AxeFx III has evolved since firmware 1 where it sounded quite like the gen2

i've noticed a couple of oddities when transferring my patches from the II to the III

stereo width in the plex blocks is being set to -200

floor reflections on the cab block is being set to -100

the quadchorus is being transferred to the 4 voice analog chorus, but the mod depth is really high

i've noticed a couple of oddities when transferring my patches from the II to the III

stereo width in the plex blocks is being set to -200

floor reflections on the cab block is being set to -100

the quadchorus is being transferred to the 4 voice analog chorus, but the mod depth is really high
Thanks Simeon, i'll check this asap :)

one more - the modulation in the multidelay on the II is being mapped to the time mod in the multidelay on the III. it should be mapped to the chorus parameters instead
@simeon, i'm working on this, and already fixed most things but can you share presets with the quadchorus problem (and the value it should have) and the multidelay problem ? thanks

Back
Top Bottom