FracTool - for power users only

Al,
trying to convert some blocks from the Axe-FX II to the III, and have issues with Wah blocks...
When trying to load a converted wah block, Axe-Edit complains about "invalid file format".
I also have issues with Multi-delay blocks, which include Plex types... (originally shared by Simeon), they crash Fractool.
See attached a sample Wah block and a Multi-Delay block, in original Axe-FX II format.
Thanks for looking at it

Attachments

• Slash CB Classic Wah.blk
    244 bytes · Views: 8
  • Ambient Plex Sim_20150601_140949.blk
    458 bytes · Views: 5
Al,
trying to convert some blocks from the Axe-FX II to the III, and have issues with Wah blocks...
When I convert attached Wah Block, Axe-Edit complains about "invalid file format".
I also have issues with Multi-delay blocks, which include Plex types... (originally shared by Simeon), they crash Fractool.
See attached a sample for a Wah block and a Multi-Delay block, in original Axe-FX II format.
Thanks for looking at it
Thanks, that's a good bug report :)
I'll give a look asap

What's the best way to copy presets to a location in the AFX3 without having to overwrite an entire bank? It's about 21 or so different presets that I want to be copied into the unit starting around 331 or so while leaving the others in the bank untouched. I am sure there is a way but I can't figure it out.
Axe Manage Presets.

Drag and drop, including "typical" multi-select options.

If you drag multiple presets they will be dropped in sequential slots.

What's the best way to copy presets to a location in the AFX3 without having to overwrite an entire bank? It's about 21 or so different presets that I want to be copied into the unit starting around 331 or so while leaving the others in the bank untouched. I am sure there is a way but I can't figure it out.
What does it have to do with FracTool?
Please remove and keep the thread clean

Rookie question, Just got AX8. It's my first Fractal unit. I imported the AX8 factory presets into F-Tool and when I right click(W10 64B) an individual preset and ask to save it, it opens the save into the folder where the Banks came from and tries to name it as the Factory Presets file. Is this default action and can I just rename it as the individual preset I'm trying to save? That's my guess, but not sure. I don't want to load the entire Factory Preset list as I've already loaded Dream Rigs all all my banks and only want to overwrite certain ones.

Thanks for the collective patience if this has been answered somewhere in the 140+ pages of this thread.

Rookie question, Just got AX8. It's my first Fractal unit. I imported the AX8 factory presets into F-Tool and when I right click(W10 64B) an individual preset and ask to save it, it opens the save into the folder where the Banks came from and tries to name it as the Factory Presets file. Is this default action and can I just rename it as the individual preset I'm trying to save? That's my guess, but not sure. I don't want to load the entire Factory Preset list as I've already loaded Dream Rigs all all my banks and only want to overwrite certain ones.

Thanks for the collective patience if this has been answered somewhere in the 140+ pages of this thread.
Why are you loading AX8 presets into FracTool to use on an AX8?

There is nothing to convert... Which is what FracTool is primarily used for.

Use FractalBot to load the presets or Axe Manage Presets in AX8-Edit.

I am victim of my own complicating things. Of course, treat the batch file like the DREAM RIG files, which I had no issues installing what I wanted from. Luckily, my stupidity is temporary! I hope!o_O

What DOES the Fractool gain me, as I only have the AX8 and don't need to make presets compatible with more than one type of Fractal unit.

What DOES the Fractool gain me, as I only have the AX8 and don't need to make presets compatible with more than one type of Fractal unit.
At the moment probably nothing.

Although it has cool things like a batch mode updater that could come in handy... And you can view presets "offline" with it.

Back
Top Bottom