FracTool - for power users only

Another issue: When converting cabs to individual cab files, the file is not created if the cab name includes an illegal filename character (eg. asterisk and slash).

Found a couple of small issues when opening Axe III cab banks and exporting to individual cab files:

1. The file numbering starts at 000, not 001
2. The file numbering uses 3 digits for cabs up to #999. This means that cabs 1000-1024 are not listed last when the files are sorted alphabetically.

And would it be possible that the program remembers the last used destination folder?

EDIT: And the Delay Time in the Megatap Delay block is not converted correctly from II to III. And had some converted presets where the Balance and Level parameter of the Out 1 block was set to -100.0 and -80.0 dB respectively (should be 0.0 and 0.0 dB).

Amazing tool by the way (donated yesterday!).

EDIT 2: AXE II presets are attached. "CL AC 15" problem with Out block. "FX Phasy Bouncing Ball" Megatap Time, Amplitude shape and Amplitude alpha settings incorrect.
Everything fixed in next release, except the out block thing : The original preset has out parameters set like this

FracTool 2.95 is available :
- Adds CSV/HTML/PDF/XML export to AxeFx III presets
- Fixes MegaTap conversion II=>III
- Cab bank individual exports now remember last used folder, start numbering individual cabs at 1, and use 4 digits to number cabs

Anyone having issues converting block for the fx8?
It should be converting them to .blk but all I can get is .syx files.

And I can’t seem to load fractool and fx8 editor at the same time.

Anyone having issues converting block for the fx8?
It should be converting them to .blk but all I can get is .syx files.

And I can’t seem to load fractool and fx8 editor at the same time.
Yes only blk importing right now but i'm working on it today

Edit : already there but only if you drop a blk file on the harddrive icon? I'm adding the ability to export blk from preset grid

Last edited:
FracTool 2.95 is available :
- Fixes MegaTap conversion II=>III
- Cab bank individual exports now remember last used folder, start numbering individual cabs at 1, and use 4 digits to number cabs
Thanks! :)

- Adds CSV/HTML/PDF/XML export to AxeFx III presets

Great. Unfortunately, "polling your Axe Fx III" is very slow (using FW 16 beta 2). Takes about a minute per preset. (Asking for cab/preset names only takes a few seconds.)

Thanks! :)

Great. Unfortunately, "polling your Axe Fx III" is very slow (using FW 16 beta 2). Takes about a minute per preset. (Asking for cab/preset names only takes a few seconds.)
What do you mean ? getting the current preset from AxeFx III ? It's very fast if your AxeFx III has booted since more than 30s otherwise it's slow because the AxeFx III is slow when booting up

FracTool 2.97 is available :
- Adds BLK file export directly from grid window (context menu on grid block)
- Fixes mic type when converting from AX8 to II/XL/XL+

Back
Top Bottom