FracTool - for power users only

Hey Al,

the conversion function to the III ignores modifiers that are assigned on the bypass on/off parameters. Other modifiers got converted right. Are the ones on the bypass parameter somehow different?

Overall I'm blown away how easy it converted everything! Great work. Thank you!

Hey Al,

the conversion function to the III ignores modifiers that are assigned on the bypass on/off parameters. Other modifiers got converted right. Are the ones on the bypass parameter somehow different?

Overall I'm blown away how easy it converted everything! Great work. Thank you!
Hi
Can you share a simple preset with this behavior?

Hi Al,
Here is a very simple preset. In the axe-fx ii the parameter is named bypass mode and modifiers on it switch the block on off. Default for the modifier is 0=off and 127=on.
In the III there are bypass and bypass mode separate parameters and the modifiers default is on at 0 and off at 127.

Attachments

• TEST.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
  • TEST(AxeFx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi Al,
Here is a very simple preset. In the axe-fx ii the parameter is named bypass mode and modifiers on it switch the block on off. Default for the modifier is 0=off and 127=on.
In the III there are bypass and bypass mode separate parameters and the modifiers default is on at 0 and off at 127.
Thanks,
Very detailed, me like ^^

Will check on Monday

Hey, I am converting my AXE2 files to 3, works great but the scenes did not migrate only the basis. (Probably something i do wrong) Can someone help me out here or point to a previous post that covers this question? Many thanks

Hey, I am converting my AXE2 files to 3, works great but the scenes did not migrate only the basis. (Probably something i do wrong) Can someone help me out here or point to a previous post that covers this question? Many thanks
Scenes are converted, maybe share a preset and explain more precisely what is expected and isn't there?

Edit : was a chair-computer interface bug ;)

Last edited:
Like previous posters - this is great and very handy utility. I'm new to AXE and have already used this tool a few times with my FX III.

Thanks for you hard work, donation sent.

Guys - sorry if i've missed this somewhere - how do I convert my block libraries from XL to III? I tried copying and pasting the files in my directory over and that didn't work. Couldn't find the way on FracTool either.

Guys - sorry if i've missed this somewhere - how do I convert my block libraries from XL to III? I tried copying and pasting the files in my directory over and that didn't work. Couldn't find the way on FracTool either.
Al can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe FracTool works with blocks. To work around, you’d have to add your blocks to presets on the II, use FracTool to send those presets to the III, and then save out your blocks to the Axe-Edit III block library from there I think.

This is an amazing tool. I've donated twice and yet still feel, I probably owe Al more. I've used it to 1) convert my Axe II patches to the III, and 2) today used it to upload the entire AB Preset Bank to the III. Worked seamlessly!

Al can correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t believe FracTool works with blocks. To work around, you’d have to add your blocks to presets on the II, use FracTool to send those presets to the III, and then save out your blocks to the Axe-Edit III block library from there I think.
It works with blocks but not yet with III blocks.
Converts only presets and cabs to III

Back
Top Bottom