FracTool - for power users only

Option #3 seems the most logical to me. Simply because the III doesn't support level-per-scene. Options 1 and 2 interfere with other stuff and do not (read: can not) really solve the issue. With some much conversion work already done by FracTool, user can fine-tune levels themselves as an aftertouch.

Agreed +1

Option #3 seems the most logical to me. Simply because the III doesn't support level-per-scene. Options 1 and 2 interfere with other stuff and do not (read: can not) really solve the issue. With some much conversion work already done by FracTool, user can fine-tune levels themselves as an aftertouch.

Yes. A little fine tuning is to be expected.

@AlGrenadine - Totally appreciated. Just sold my AF2 so this timing is excellent. Donated before but will again shortly.

I converted a relatively simple 5-scene preset the other night as a test. After loading the correct IR and adjusting the cab block to find it, I was a bit surprised to find that the preset didn't sound right. I did a quick scan of the blocks and everything looked like the conversion was successful. There were no errors on complaints along the way.

I'm going to update FracTool tonight, try again, and then dig deeper.

General Question: For the presets people are converting, AF2 sound = AF3 sound? I assume YES but have to ask. My issue is likely a simple fix and a result of user error! :)

@AlGrenadine - Totally appreciated. Just sold my AF2 so this timing is excellent. Donated before but will again shortly.

I converted a relatively simple 5-scene preset the other night as a test. After loading the correct IR and adjusting the cab block to find it, I was a bit surprised to find that the preset didn't sound right. I did a quick scan of the blocks and everything looked like the conversion was successful. There were no errors on complaints along the way.

I'm going to update FracTool tonight, try again, and then dig deeper.

General Question: For the presets people are converting, AF2 sound = AF3 sound? I assume YES but have to ask. My issue is likely a simple fix and a result of user error! :)
Yes if you were on Q10.01 fw

I was using this to convert some presets that use Tone Matching in the II XL+. I figured out that you can save the Tonematch to a Wave file and then convert to SYSX with cab lab and got a few to work that way. Decent enough results to use the blocks for some things.

The one thing I had some issues with is that I have a laptop and a great big 4K monitor. The main window always opens centered on my 4K monitor, but the preset windows seem to pop up at random areas and sometimes come up a bit off-screen on my setup. I couldn't find a way to move the window around using standard Windows methods of grabbing the title bar and moving them. If there is some other way, please let me know. I found a workaround to get them back, but it was a bit cumbersome and involved repeatedly changing my monitor layout settings every time I opened up a new preset to get to the Tone match block.

Even with that, I was able to convert 8 tone match blocks to cabs this morning, and that recovered the important part of some extreme metal presets I purchased when I was using the XL+. I'll probably submit a donation later just for that, and then go in and convert the rest of those blocks later when I have some time.

I couldn't find a way to move the window around using standard Windows methods of grabbing the title bar and moving them. If there is some other way, please let me know.
Did you try grabbing the rectangular area in the title bar? It is a bit awkward but it works for me. I’d prefer a traditional draggable full title bar.

Thanks. I'll see if I can find that after work. I tried different areas but couldn'tfind anything. Is that on the preset window? I am fine with the main app, but the preset windows go all over the place.

Where do I download version 2.83?
I downloaded from the link (twice) in the first post and it gives me version 2.74. When I open a syx file it gives me a message for version 2.83 but can't get it.

Where do I download version 2.83?
I downloaded from the link (twice) in the first post and it gives me version 2.74. When I open a syx file it gives me a message for version 2.83 but can't get it.
Link in op is 2.83
Check where you installed it, probably not where you launch it from

FracTool 2.84 is available :
- Fixes Synth block translation to III
- Fixes QuadChorus translation to III
- Fixes modifiers controllers translation to III
- Experimental AxeFx III offline preset display : displays the preset with same parameters as if it was a II/XL+ preset, because i don't have access (yet) to III parameters definitions

I was using this to convert some presets that use Tone Matching in the II XL+. I figured out that you can save the Tonematch to a Wave file and then convert to SYSX with cab lab and got a few to work that way. Decent enough results to use the blocks for some things.

The one thing I had some issues with is that I have a laptop and a great big 4K monitor. The main window always opens centered on my 4K monitor, but the preset windows seem to pop up at random areas and sometimes come up a bit off-screen on my setup. I couldn't find a way to move the window around using standard Windows methods of grabbing the title bar and moving them. If there is some other way, please let me know. I found a workaround to get them back, but it was a bit cumbersome and involved repeatedly changing my monitor layout settings every time I opened up a new preset to get to the Tone match block.

Even with that, I was able to convert 8 tone match blocks to cabs this morning, and that recovered the important part of some extreme metal presets I purchased when I was using the XL+. I'll probably submit a donation later just for that, and then go in and convert the rest of those blocks later when I have some time.

How do you "save the Tonematch to a Wave file and then convert to SYSX with cab lab"? In detail please... Thanks

Back
Top Bottom