FracTool - for power users only

Thanks Al!

If the TM data is removed, how should I handle this in the converted patches, if I don't have the isolated guitar tracks to redo it?
you can't, now TM is ultrares and ultrares is a closed format.
So your best option is to export the TM as a cab IR on a II/XL and import it on the III as a cab

If you have a Tonematch on the Axe FX II and would like to use it with the III you'll need to export the TM as a cab IR which you do from the front panel of the Axe II by navigating to the tone match block then page right to export. Export the Tonematch to a user slot and it saves it as a cab block that you can now import into the Axe III.

+1 for the donate splash screen in 2.81! Now Alexander may be able to pay for that new AFX III.
This Conversion tool has Helped me answer a question I've had about the Amp block Dynamics section for quite a while. Being that Character Freq/Q/Amt are missing on the III I see that these settings translate to the Amp Input EQ as Frequency, Q and Gain. These have been my go to last fine tune tweaks for the AFX II for a while now. I use this to beats say make the amp sharper or darker in the mix when tweaking to cover tunes. Was getting agitated when doing hand side by side settings of the two devices. Just couldn't get the III to sound just like the II. Now if we could just get that mic menu back into the III's cab block.:confused:

Ok done complaining...........:)

FracTool 2.81 is available :
- Exporting cabs from a cab bank now numerotates filename in order to keep their order if needed with AxeFx III mini utility, facilitating migration
- II/XL/XL+/AX8/FX8 to III conversion fixes :
* Pitch, Mixer, Modifiers, Controllers, PEQ and Cab blocks now should translate better
* Offline bank conversion to III format now works

Just launch your FracTool and it should auto update or propose the update on Mac

Known bugs so far : (will be fixed in next release)
- MultiComp translates bad
- RingMod translates bad
- Mixer still translates bad from II
Dude, you’re the man!!! I should be getting my invite for the iii here very soon, so this couldn’t have been better timing for me! Thanks also for the heads up on known bugs, the sparse few that they are. I use ring mod on a few of my settings but working with that in mind will be no big deal at all. Rad man, thanks so much again!!!!

FracTool 2.81 is available :
- Exporting cabs from a cab bank now numerotates filename in order to keep their order if needed with AxeFx III mini utility, facilitating migration
- II/XL/XL+/AX8/FX8 to III conversion fixes :
* Pitch, Mixer, Modifiers, Controllers, PEQ and Cab blocks now should translate better
* Offline bank conversion to III format now works

Just launch your FracTool and it should auto update or propose the update on Mac

Known bugs so far : (will be fixed in next release)
- MultiComp translates bad
- RingMod translates bad
- Mixer still translates bad from II
Offline bank conversion to III format now works - How does one do a bank conversion?
If we load a II preset into the app and save as Axe III format, will this now work?

Offline bank conversion to III format now works - How does one do a bank conversion?
If we load a II preset into the app and save as Axe III format, will this now work?
Just drop a bank syx file onto the hard drive icon, then choose either save as III bank or individual presets

Back
Top Bottom