FracTool - for power users only

I used it yesterday and it didn't keep the order unless the filenames were already ordered, which is what FracTool does now when exporting from a cab bank

Maybe Fractal Bot exports (backups) with the numbers in front? I haven’t checked but they ended up being in the same order as the 128 user IRs I had on the II

I am coming from Q7.xx on my II.
The amp slots don't match 100% with the III.
For the ones that don't match up in the same slot, do we need to assign this manually?
Amp slots ?
I don't recommend moving presets from old firmwares. .
Q9/Q10 should work (Q9 with slight different sound) but earlier firmwares are not supported

Last edited:
Deleted post.
Amp slot = slot number.
Tested it and indeed it doesn't matter the slot number of the amp on the original unit.

I spent two hours manually recreating my main preset!

Wow!!! lol, I know what you mean. ;)

Holy cow that was quick! Yes I had wondered what exactly was going to happen with input output and cab blocks, makes perfect sense. Need to wake up start coffee and get busy and try to refrain from dumb questions.

I know right? What'd that take a day and a night? o_O

***Can FracTool be used with the III or is it only for the previous models?

Last edited:
Great tool indeed! Thank you very much. Saves a lot of Time. Will make a donation also. Question: plex Shift of Multi Delay in Axe II becomes Plex Detune in the III - intention or is this a bug?

Lots of converting for me to do in the next few weeks. I don't have a 3, so fingers crossed that they translate ok.

Thank you so much for this you are the man! Just wanted to let everyone know, sometimes the volumes can be a little tricking when converting. If you had a fx loop block (shows up as out 2 on axe fx iii), it will cut the volume down. Also the PEQ tends to be also cut the volume down, so just raise the volume up in that block also. I have done 3 presets and so far it has worked great!!

Outstanding! Only non issue ive run into is with the cab block.
Cab block in the III has all 4 A/B/C/D cabs turned on when Im only importing one Legacy into slot A. No problem just mute B/C/D.

FracTool 2.81 is available :
- Exporting cabs from a cab bank now numerotates filename in order to keep their order if needed with AxeFx III mini utility, facilitating migration
- II/XL/XL+/AX8/FX8 to III conversion fixes :
* Pitch, Mixer, Modifiers, Controllers, PEQ and Cab blocks now should translate better
* Offline bank conversion to III format now works

Just launch your FracTool and it should auto update or propose the update on Mac

Known bugs so far : (will be fixed in next release)
- MultiComp translates bad
- RingMod translates bad
- Mixer still translates bad from II

Last edited:
Thanks Al!

If the TM data is removed, how should I handle this in the converted patches, if I don't have the isolated guitar tracks to redo it?

Back
Top Bottom