FracTool - for power users only

Fractool works great for me i just have to disable my antivirus. when I want to use fractool again I have to turn off the antivirus and re-download the fractool again because when i turn my antivirus back on it deleates the fractool.
Bad antivirus, thinks compressed exes are viruses

Fractool works great for me i just have to disable my antivirus. when I want to use fractool again I have to turn off the antivirus and re-download the fractool again because when i turn my antivirus back on it deleates the fractool.

Hi;

Try to configure your antivirus app in a way, that it will ask you, whether to delete a found "infected" file or not.
A good antivirus app gives you the option, to decide, what it has to do ;-)

Regards
Mike

I get no sound after i convert a AxeFx II preset to the Ax8 . I saved it and imported into the Ax8. it shows up be there is no sound. Any guesses? Thanks

Hi I have tried to install on both mac & PC and its says "No FrsactlAudio Device Found"...I am connected via Midi cables to the my Axe FX XL+ unit.. My computer recognizes Axe Edit and Fractal-Bot when I connect to the Axe and I can edit stuff from Axe Edit. I have tried using Fractool with bothe Axe Edit on and off and no lock. Please help. Thanks, Kevin

Could be but i don't have any uhd screen so i would have to work without knowing how it renders

If you have a Windows machine running Windows 10 then you can just change the display scaling to say 125% or higher and see how the app scales. Typically the app either gets blurry or text starts to overflow UI elements.

Well, as it is now it's barely usable on my 4K laptop. I can override HiDPI scaling for the app but then it gets so blurry it is almost painful to watch. Without overriding it's too tiny.

If you have a Windows machine running Windows 10 then you can just change the display scaling to say 125% or higher and see how the app scales. Typically the app either gets blurry or text starts to overflow UI elements.
Did not work : The UI correctly scaled with no problem

Did not work : The UI correctly scaled with no problem

Tried this on my machine (1440p display) and it seems the UI does not scale at all. On a 4K display this would mean that all text is way small. Depending on what software is used to make the app you might need to just enable scaling to get this fixed.

Tried this on my machine (1440p display) and it seems the UI does not scale at all. On a 4K display this would mean that all text is way small. Depending on what software is used to make the app you might need to just enable scaling to get this fixed.
That's not what i said, i said using the win10 display scaling to 125% or whatever scales correctly the app. So this is not a valid testing case.
And without a 4K screen i can't test...

That's not what i said, i said using the win10 display scaling to 125% or whatever scales correctly the app. So this is not a valid testing case.
And without a 4K screen i can't test...

I tried again with a higher scaling level and if the app is open when scaling is changed it breaks but if you restart the app it works fine. So I guess it does scale as expected.

I am quite new to the FracTool (and have of course donated to support the work done so far on this excellent tool) but Axe-Fx user since FW 9 (i.e. several years) so I am very familiar with the Axe. Most of the times I start FracTool it stops working within a few seconds but every now and then it is stable for several minutes allowing me to utilize the tool. I get a Windows message saying that the program has stopped working. FracTool stops working regardless if the Axe-Fx is connected or not. I have tried to re-load and re-install FracTool but that did not make any difference.

PC: HP laptop with Windows 10 professional
FracTool version: 2.60
Axe-Fx II XL, FW Q9.04 (sounding truly amazing!)
RAC 12
RJM Mastermind GT16 (using two midi cables to allow bi-directional communication with the Axe-Fx because my RAC is an early version).

I have it running all day long on Win10 pro and never had a crash, so i guess it's related to your ecosystem : faulty ram, virus, too strict antivirus, or something like that...

I am quite new to the FracTool (and have of course donated to support the work done so far on this excellent tool) but Axe-Fx user since FW 9 (i.e. several years) so I am very familiar with the Axe. Most of the times I start FracTool it stops working within a few seconds but every now and then it is stable for several minutes allowing me to utilize the tool. I get a Windows message saying that the program has stopped working. FracTool stops working regardless if the Axe-Fx is connected or not. I have tried to re-load and re-install FracTool but that did not make any difference.

Sounds like a computer issue. FracTool is rock-solid on the three PCs I use. Make sure your antivirus isn't stomping on it.

Back
Top Bottom