FracTool - for power users only

So, just to be clear, here is how the fx8 support works :

Parallel paths are not handled when converting to axefx/ax8, because it has no sense as there's only 4 lines in the grid.

Only first 8 blocks encountered in the preset are converted when going from axefx/ax8 to fx8

Hello Alex. I am running an Axe FX II along with axedit 3.14.3 & Fractool 2.57.
I always check out Leon Todds's presets and have never had an issue.
Leon is on an AX8. Not sure of his firmware.
Just updated Fractool this morning prior to trying some presets..
This link shows up as a populated grid in Fractool but a completely blank grid on the AXFXII & in Axedit.
Any thoughts?

Thanks

This link shows up as a populated grid in Fractool but a completely blank grid on the AXFXII & in Axedit.
Any thoughts?

Thanks
Hi
Yes, upgrade your firmware to Q9.02 ;)

Hi Al,

I've found some issues when I converted from an AxeFx II to an XL+.
Usercabs in the cabblock are offset by five numbers, #49 on a II gets recalculated to #44 on the XL+.
Maybe it changed when the last factory cabs got added on the XL+?
Still haven't tried it the other way round.

Something weired:
When using AxeEdit to import presets from the II into the XL+ all global linked blocks still have their linkage but they lost their content.
When using Fractool for it these blocks still have their content but they lost their linkage.
I tried both ways with the same .syx-bankfile, made with Fractalbot. It seems content and linkage are both in the file, but each software reads out a different portion.

Since AE also had some EQs and other settings wrong and the cabnumbers way off, Fractool is still the best way to go.

Thank you again.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Hi,
I've just tried to move a preset from AX8 9.02 to AxeFx II XL+ Q9.02 and it worked without any problem...

Hi Al,

I've found some issues when I converted from an AxeFx II to an XL+.
Usercabs in the cabblock are offset by five numbers, #49 on a II gets recalculated to #44 on the XL+.
Maybe it changed when the last factory cabs got added on the XL+?
Still haven't tried it the other way round.

Something weired:
When using AxeEdit to import presets from the II into the XL+ all global linked blocks still have their linkage but they lost their content.
When using Fractool for it these blocks still have their content but they lost their linkage.
I tried both ways with the same .syx-bankfile, made with Fractalbot. It seems content and linkage are both in the file, but each software reads out a different portion.

Since AE also had some EQs and other settings wrong and the cabnumbers way off, Fractool is still the best way to go.

Thank you again.
I'll try to fix the global blocks problem
Edit : Fixed in upcoming release

How many factory cabs is there on the AxeFX II in latest firmware ?

Last edited:
I'll try to fix the global blocks problem
Edit : Fixed in upcoming release

How many factory cabs is there on the AxeFX II in latest firmware ?

Thanks a lot for doing this.

I don't remember how many factory cabs the XL+ has, the II Mk1/2 have 132.
I could take a look later after work, if it's of any help?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I had the same issue - the preset in Axe Edit got blank . I have all updates of the programms. Then I clicked on Axe Edit Preset to select another preset I clicked there on the empty preset in the list of all presets and bang the preset was back again and worked great. I'm on an Axe FX II MK I ;)

I had the same issue - the preset in Axe Edit got blank . I have all updates of the programms. Then I clicked on Axe Edit Preset to select another preset I clicked there on the empty preset in the list of all presets and bang the preset was back again and worked great. I'm on an Axe FX II MK I ;)
Can you share an axefx2 preset in pm?

Well the preset is working after I did select it in the Preset list of Axe Edit - I can post you the same preset in pm later on when I'm on the Axe FX again.

Back
Top Bottom