FracTool - for power users only

Can FracTool for iOS update firmware, cabs, presets, etc on Axefx?
Can it be used along with my RAC12 & MFC-101?

Thanks

Alex, Rex:

I signed up but an not sure how to use Trello/file a bug -- not intuitive. Have a few things for future FractTool de-bug, such as this from a few months back:

<< I just tried to use Fractool to reduce the amp bloc volume by 2db across a range of AX8 presets, and it zeroed out most of them instead? I have a backup thank goodness. Maybe I did something wrong, but here is my screen shot -- Amp 1, Level, Decrease by "2", apply to presets.>>

Since that post, I think we learned the AX8 has different volume issue, since it can be set from knob on front.

I also had issue with the Noise/Input Gate and trying to batch set within the block: two parameters refused to cooperate and would go to extreme values after batch process rather than correct ones. I believe one was Level value, and the other one I can't recall but will try to recreate before I file in Trello (once I learn how to do that!)...

Alex, Rex:

I signed up but an not sure how to use Trello/file a bug -- not intuitive. Have a few things for future FractTool de-bug, such as this from a few months back:

<< I just tried to use Fractool to reduce the amp bloc volume by 2db across a range of AX8 presets, and it zeroed out most of them instead? I have a backup thank goodness. Maybe I did something wrong, but here is my screen shot -- Amp 1, Level, Decrease by "2", apply to presets.>>

Since that post, I think we learned the AX8 has different volume issue, since it can be set from knob on front.

I also had issue with the Noise/Input Gate and trying to batch set within the block: two parameters refused to cooperate and would go to extreme values after batch process rather than correct ones. I believe one was Level value, and the other one I can't recall but will try to recreate before I file in Trello (once I learn how to do that!)...
Check the main window for the tutorial
It's short, and you'll go "Oh yeah..."

Check the main window for the tutorial
It's short, and you'll go "Oh yeah..."

Not seeing any such video? My screen are mostly blank, see screen shots. One is main Trello, one is the FracTool board. We can take this to a PM, but am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 6.08.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 6.08.56 PM.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 6.08.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 6.08.40 PM.png
    111 KB · Views: 7
Not seeing any such video? My screen are mostly blank, see screen shots. One is main Trello, one is the FracTool board. We can take this to a PM, but am I doing something wrong?
Click on the search bar. One of the options that pops up is the Getting Started Guide.

Alex, Rex:

Ok, for the level i know why, it's because it's not a real logarithmic level. Internally on the ax8 the amp level is a 0-100% parameter.

I'll try to fix that asap but i already have a long list of things to do on FracPad ;)

Reactions: Rex
When i convert some axe fx2 presets to ax8, the processor can't see them. Just empty presets. What is the problem?

When i convert some axe fx2 presets to ax8, the processor can't see them. Just empty presets. What is the problem?

That’s almost always a symptom of newer firmware on one unit and older firmware on another. If the presets were saved on the AxeFx running Q9 beta they won’t work in the Ax8 until there’s Q9 Firmware for it as well. I mean, same holds True for Q8 to Q7 or whatever... basically presets should be forward compatible, but not backward.

That’s almost always a symptom of newer firmware on one unit and older firmware on another. If the presets were saved on the AxeFx running Q9 beta they won’t work in the Ax8 until there’s Q9 Firmware for it as well. I mean, same holds True for Q8 to Q7 or whatever... basically presets should be forward compatible, but not backward.
This

Hi. I went to DL the FracTool,
but when I open the folder, Win10 is telling me there is an issue with the security of my PC in big bold red graphics, and refuses to install. Not sure why it's happening, but thought I should let you know in case it's an accurate warning, and I cancelled the DL for now.
Looking forward to getting it running no my new DAW. Thanks.

Hi, have to do a system reset (got my unit back from G66 with system resetted and noticed when charging my backup system that the pb I sent it for in the first place reappeared). Do you know a way to print out the current system settings (especially midi settings and harmoniser settings) so not to have take the info all manually.

No but you can backup the system bank, it's where those settings are saved
I do have a recent backup and BTW never modified it's settings since FW12. Somehow over 4 years time the file got corrupted with all the FW evolutions; ie : after reloading it will correctly translate the midi setup but for some reason it corrupts input gate functionning and created some output problems (this is what came out of G66 return & measurements; after reloading the original system sysex all was correct).
So yesterday at return of my Axe Fx I reloaded the backup and noticed immediately the sound problems I had before. Reloaded the original system file and all was OK. So I had to reconfigure all the midi parameters and custom harmoniser settings manually; which finally is what I did, took me one hour but done is done...
I just wondered if it would be possible to print out the settings from a backup sysex instead of taking them over manually one by one to an excel sheet from the UI menus.
Hope you understand what I mean. Howbeit, it's done for me now..

Back
Top Bottom