FracTool - for power users only

Anybody seen this issue? I'm on Windows 7 on a fairly old laptop. I uninstalled Security Essentials, downloaded Fractool and ran it to send older patches to my XL+ with no antivirus program installed and no problem whatsoever. Then, downloaded Bitdefender and tried running it with Fractool as an exclusion. Fractool disappeared. I then uninstalled Bitdefender and tried to reinstall Fractool. I get this message that Microsoft wants me to send to them:

"Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8B4D.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9C7E.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER31CB.tmp.mdmp"

Sorry if this has been covered, but I've read quite a bit of this thread and didn't see it or didn't understand it when I did. Not the most computer literate. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

I am new to fractool. I had a weird issue trying to do a copy/paste in Axe Edit's Axe Manage Presets window. I was frozen for about an hour.

So your program is a huge time savor in that regard since I can rapidly create preset banks in any order I want. My question is that I sometimes like to do things as a "work in progress"...

In Fractool I can delete presets, and I can reorder them. And I can maintain a set of categories of particular ranges in the preset banks by creating "dummy presets" to hold that position.

But is using dummy presets for such a "preset bank work in progress" data flow really necessary? Or is there a way to remove a preset without having the later presets close in the gap?

Last edited:
Thanks for this amazing app! :)
I have one problem - when auditioning cabs it takes about 5 seconds to send cab, sometimes even a bit longer. Is it normal behavior for Mark II unit, and XLs are just faster in that matter? Or is it my system fault? ;)

How do I copy sound banks to my new AX8 from my Axe-FX II?

I spent a lot of time on the flanger in a preset in the Axe FX II and I want to put it in my AX8. I launched your tool but I don't know how to use it. (I also didn't get a manual with my AX8 but probably wouldn't have spent much time reading it anyway.)

- Export the ax8 banks you wanna convert with fractalBot or AX8Edit
- Drop the files you wanna convert on the harddrive icon in FracTool. You'll see a bank window with the list of presets you dropped.
- Choose the save menu you want (individual presets or banks) then you'll be asked which destination format you want. In your case choose AX8
Then import the generated files with the software of your choice

Al, I downloaded an AX8 preset from AxeChange to my hard drive. I then dragged the .syx file onto the hard disk in Fractool and created a AxeFX II file. When I imported the file into my AxeFX Mark1 using Axe-Edit, the preset was blank. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Al, I downloaded an AX8 preset from AxeChange to my hard drive. I then dragged the .syx file onto the hard disk in Fractool and created a AxeFX II file. When I imported the file into my AxeFX Mark1 using Axe-Edit, the preset was blank. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
What is the firmware of your Axe-Fx II and the firmware version of the preset?

Moke, the AX8 preset is firmware Q-7.x and my Axe-Fx II Mark1 is way back on Q1.04 - is that the problem?
Yes, Your unit will only run presets from Q1.04 or older. And real old (pre-Quantum) presets may not work as intended? Why haven't you been upgrading? The longer you wait, the more work it will be.....

Yes, Your unit will only run presets from Q1.04 or older. And real old (pre-Quantum) presets may not work as intended? Why haven't you been upgrading? The longer you wait, the more work it will be.....
I cringed when I typed it out. I know. I have tweaked my main preset perfectly and it sounds perfect to me - a little apprehensive of starting that all over LOL!!! I'll update :)

I did! I didn't find Q8 too different, so I'm good!
Make a second copy or your preset, then reset the amp block and check/re-enter the original parameter values of just the 'Basic' and 'GEQ' pages first, using the original version as a guide. You may have to re-adjust the 'Level' parameter in the Amp block too. I find the the new defaults in the 'Advanced' pages work best in the latest versions. Unless something specific/personal was done in those pages?

Switch back and forth to compare. You have a copy of the original if you still like it better.

Make a second copy or your preset, then reset the amp block and check/re-enter the original parameter values of just the 'Basic' and 'GEQ' pages first, using the original version as a guide. You may have to re-adjust the 'Level' parameter in the Amp block too. I find the the new defaults in the 'Advanced' pages work best in the latest versions. Unless something specific/personal was done in those pages?

Switch back and forth to compare. You have a copy of the original if you still like it better.
Yep, I was working on that and I had to adjust Level down as I was hitting the Red in Outputs more. I did use the advanced pages - Character, Dynamic Depth / Presence all translated over fine! I didn't really need the copy as I know exactly what I have tweaked. Comp is different now though so I'm working through that. Upon more listening, Q8 does sound more realistic, feedbacks easier. Not a huge difference, but well worth the stress of upgrading. Thanks, Moke. I need to go look at your patches!

Is anyone using the Yamaha MD BT01 with Ax edit yet , if so how are you getting it to connect to the Ax fx Via Bluetooth
thanks jack

Hi Jackp,

if you mean how to connect the AxeFx via the Yamaha MD BT01 to an iPad running the FracPad app - another MUST app by the Mighty French Boy Al Genadine (hi Al!) - you need to run first another app that is call "midimittr" (free download from the store if i remember well).
So the steps are:
1) connect the Yamaha MD BT01 to the midi in and out of the Axe Fx
2) switch on the bluetooth on the iPad
3) run the midimittr app and select the right connection
4) run the FracPad app

and you'll get a full "Axe Edit" (and more) running wireless on your iPad.
Life is beautiful!!!

Back
Top Bottom