FracTool - for power users only

I know I've requested this before but is there anyway you can include the Preset number when converting a Bank to individual presets like it is in AxeFXBankMgr? I found a bug in FracTool v2.25 that if you have presets with duplicate names in a Bank, only one of the individual Presets will be created.

Example: I have preset 035 - FAS Lead 2 and 114 - FAS Lead 2 in Bank A.

When I drag and drop Bank A onto AxeFXBankMgr, it creates both individual presets: 035 - FAS Lead 2 and 114 - FAS Lead 2

When I drag and drop Bank A onto FracTool, it creates only 1 preset named: FAS Lead 2 and I don't know which one of the 2 presets it is without loading it into my Axe-Fx II.

The reason I have duplicate named presets is because before I had used the FAS MFC-101 or FAMC LF+ PRO+ in Song Mode, I used to put my presets in order for each song and I use a lot of the same presets. I've been thinking about getting an AX8, which doesn't have a Set List or Song List Mode, so I'd have to do the same thing. I don't think AxeFXBankMgr is compatible with the AX8 or Axe-Fx II XL+.

I know I've requested this before but is there anyway you can include the Preset number when converting a Bank to individual presets like it is in AxeFXBankMgr? I found a bug in FracTool v2.25 that if you have presets with duplicate names in a Bank, only one of the individual Presets will be created.

Example: I have preset 035 - FAS Lead 2 and 114 - FAS Lead 2 in Bank A.

When I drag and drop Bank A onto AxeFXBankMgr, it creates both individual presets: 035 - FAS Lead 2 and 114 - FAS Lead 2

When I drag and drop Bank A onto FracTool, it creates only 1 preset named: FAS Lead 2 and I don't know which one of the 2 presets it is without loading it into my Axe-Fx II.

The reason I have duplicate named presets is because before I had used the FAS MFC-101 or FAMC LF+ PRO+ in Song Mode, I used to put my presets in order for each song and I use a lot of the same presets. I've been thinking about getting an AX8, which doesn't have a Set List or Song List Mode, so I'd have to do the same thing. I don't think AxeFXBankMgr is compatible with the AX8 or Axe-Fx II XL+.
Yes that's because the filename is created with the preset name, including the preset's number as requested should fix this the eady way ;)

This looks like a great tool. I'm sorry if I missed this on the previous 55 pages, but how do I save a bank file from the Axe-FX to my hard drive? I did not catch that in the video tutorial on page 1.

how do I save a bank file from the Axe-FX to my hard drive

I'd personally just use FractalBot to backup the AxeFX (receive tab, choose your AxeFX model, click the browse button to choose the path on your computer's drive to save to). that way you'll both have the bank files and backup of the axe (always a good idea)

The problem is Fractal-Bot doesn't work for me and always gives message time-out errors.

in my personal experience at least, axe timeouts are usually the result of a dodgy USB connection, if you can I'd try a new USB cable and all USB ports on your computer (,I for example, have one USB port which seems to be a little less robust in its power draw and if I have an issue with a USB device -- timeouts for AxeFX transfer or a midi controller powered by USB that won't turn on -- it's always on that same port, so when transferring a whole bank I make sure to use the other port). If you're still experiencing timeouts I'd open a ticket at http://support.fractalaudio.com/

Hi, thanks for your work.
Unfortunately Version 2.25 is crashing when selecting amp compare.
I use a MBP Retina OsX 10.11.6 and AxeFx 2 Mk1.
I can send the crash report if this is of use.

Back
Top Bottom