FracTool - for power users only

This version is screwy. When importing a bundle it never loads the cab. Whatever was previously in the scratch slot just stays there the presets are not at fault I have checked by AE import... Also dragging and dropping a preset AE always drops into pause mode for some reason now and I have to click on it to do anything after the load, annoying.... And I cannot get the preset preview window to stop popping up no matter what I have checked.
I've just checked, bundle send works correctly on my XL+/Win7. The checkbox only operates when converting presets, not opening them on a fasDevice, but i'll change that for next release as it seems confusing...
I'm aware cab auditioning does not work on AX8 but did it work before ?

Please send me the bundle not working and the content of the log window when you open the bundle

Last edited:
Mac+ElCap/MkII. Amps Compare function crashes sometimes too. So I can't suppress the preview window when doing drag and drop of presets?
only for conversion not for audition.
It's fixed in upcoming release. By the way bundles work ok here (Windows), can you share the bundle not working ?

Does the Batch Setter feature work with AX8? I got it to pull up but how do I say change the amp Master Level across presets in AX8? It has banks of presets. Like say I wanted to tweak the parameter of all 8 presets in bank 19 and 20?

Does the Batch Setter feature work with AX8? I got it to pull up but how do I say change the amp Master Level across presets in AX8? It has banks of presets. Like say I wanted to tweak the parameter of all 8 presets in bank 19 and 20?
Yes it should. Ax8 banks are just conceptual, in fact it's 512 contiguous presets, so bank 19 are presets 8*20+displayoffset

Alex, when both the Axe-Fx II and AX8 are connected on my MacBook, FracTool sees only one. It'd be nice if the user could select the connection he wants.
Yes it's been a recurring wish, but i'd need a 2nd fas device to test this...

Reactions: yek
Al, thank you for all of your hard work on FracTool!

Thought I'd pass along a couple feature ideas for your consideration:

1) When converting a patch, append a pre-determined suffix to the file name. For example, any patch converted to AX8 format would add '-AX8' to the end of the filename - 'AwesomePatch.syx' converts to 'AwesomePatch-AX8.syx'

2) An option to set a default directory for anything that is converted or saved. Maybe the ability to define separate directories for patches or banks? Default save location would be the same folder as the original patch/bank.

Thanks again!
Andy

Right so in the box for which presets I want to have the parameter change affect I would just type in 145 -160? Or does in need to be typed 145-160? or 145,160 or 145*160?
- is used for a range,, for a separator, so 145-160 means 145 to 160 ( inclusive) while 145,160 means 145 and 160.
You can combine ranges and lists like 10-50,63,65,69-500

Back
Top Bottom