FracTool - for power users only

On a mac you can use the say command line app to use the built in speech services to do text to speech. You can give it simple strings like echo

say "hello world"

... or you can use the -f option to have it read text from a supplied file (plain text only I'd imagine). Also useful, the -o will output to a file.

say -f /path/to/al_super_cool_video_script.txt -o /path/to/audio.aiff

For completeness sake you can also use -v to change the voice... you can use the Dictation and Speech System Preference pane to audition the voice options (under the tts tab)

On a mac you can use the say command line app to use the built in speech services to do text to speech. You can give it simple strings like echo

say "hello world"

... or you can use the -f option to have it read text from a supplied file (plain text only I'd imagine). Also useful, the -o will output to a file.

say -f /path/to/al_super_cool_video_script.txt -o /path/to/audio.aiff

For completeness sake you can also use -v to change the voice... you can use the Dictation and Speech System Preference pane to audition the voice options (under the tts tab)
Win only. I already have a tts converting text to wav but it will take too much time i'd need it in the video software directly ;)

I use the free OBS studio for my videos https://obsproject.com/ - it works really well. I usually end up recording the sound in reaper simultaneously, so I have better sound editing options. Reaper also edits video, so it

I don't know about TTS - OBS will do subtitles.

The problem with OBS is it's not a video editing software... I'd need a simple video editing software with on-screen video capture and TTS

The problem with OBS is it's not a video editing software... I'd need a simple video editing software with on-screen video capture and TTS
It's free. Record with OBS and edit with iMovie or movie maker. Will work for simple youtube vids. Haven't tried anything on Mac yet, my son has it on Win. I think WMM will even do pip.

Hello to all.

interesting topic.... :)
audio / video recordings, not heavy :cool:
you could open a discussion :rolleyes:
for all those who want to make a contribution.
both on the platform OS X & Windows 7 - 8 - 10 ;)
(10 personally do not like, better Seven)

I finally got around to testing this again and I was wondering if there is a way to batch convert Axe-Fx II preset cab bundles to AX8 preset cab bundles? I found batch conversions for presets or cabs (which are both useful) but not Axe-Fx II preset cab bundles to AX8 preset cab bundles. Am I missing it or could it be added?

This is definitely a donation worthy program. I will donate once I get home from my trip.

I finally got around to testing this again and I was wondering if there is a way to batch convert Axe-Fx II preset cab bundles to AX8 preset cab bundles? I found batch conversions for presets or cabs (which are both useful) but not Axe-Fx II preset cab bundles to AX8 preset cab bundles. Am I missing it or could it be added?

This is definitely a donation worthy program. I will donate once I get home from my trip.
I'm sorry but preset bundles can't get batch converted atm. Dropping multiple bundles will show a cab bank and a preset bank though

I'm sorry but preset bundles can't get batch converted atm. Dropping multiple bundles will show a cab bank and a preset bank though
Are you thinking of adding them? All the other batch conversions are nice, but once things are broken apart it's hard to know what IR goes with which preset.

Are you thinking of adding them? All the other batch conversions are nice, but once things are broken apart it's hard to know what IR goes with which preset.
I didn't think there was a need for it, but now i know i could add it

Back
Top Bottom