FracTool - for power users only

Drop a preset on hard-drive icon then hit cancel if you don't want to convert
Ah. There's the problem. I was dropping banks.
Any possibility to add a "view preset" button to the preset list shown when you drop a bank on the hard drive icon? Even better would be a preset view window that stays open, changing as you click on each preset. :)

Also, on the windows version, you can't move the program window around. It's stuck in the center of the screen. I can resize but not move!

Last edited:
Ah. There's the problem. I was dropping banks.
Any possibility to add a "view preset" button to the preset list shown when you drop a bank on the hard drive icon?

Also, on the windows version, you can move the program window around. It's stuck in the center of the screen. I can resize but not move!
Yes good idea, i'll add the menu.
Just click the window title and move.

Well, for Windows, you can click anywhere in the header and move a window around. The title bar looks like a button on your app so I was confused. No biggie!
Yes it's in order to have the same look across platforms. Click in the header and move just like regular windows

Thanks very much for building this utility!

Is there a way to convert presets in batches? I can't seem to find a way to do this. If I drag more than one preset onto the main window, it just opens them up as a "bank"...

Help?

Yesterday I needed to load a stock AX8 preset on my Axe-Fx II XL.
The AX8 wasn't in the house.

I just dropped the zipped file containing all AX8 factory presets on FracTool and with one click the preset I needed loaded into my XL.

Amazing.

Try searching in the Start Menu or Metro search depending on your windows version for "Default Programs". This will let you setup the file associations.
Yep. Tried that. For some reason, Windows is not allowing FracTool to be added as an application that can have file types associated. I have tried a couple of different approaches, but when I browse to the folder where the app is, and select it - nothing. It doesn't show in the apps window for file association. I have re-downloaded and installed the app 3 times, BTW.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yep. Tried that. For some reason, Windows is not allowing FracTool to be added as an application that can have file types associated. I have tried a couple of different approaches, but when I browse to the folder where the app is, and select it - nothing. It doesn't show in the apps window for file association. I have re-downloaded and installed the app 3 times, BTW.

I think you'll have to cleanup the old association in the registry

See what you have registered in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.syx

getting warnings when trying to download yesterday :( (virus etc)
specifically
"FracTool.exe is unsafe to download and was blocked by SmartScreen Filter"

When tried with firefox it downloaded ok but when opening AVG went off as a virus alert

FOR THE 50TH TIME, THERE IS NO VIRUS. USE A DECENT ANTIVIRUS OR ASSUME AND DON'T BOTHER ME WITH FALSE POSITIVES

Can you please update the first post in this thread and put right under the download links that the default virus scan in Windows 10 is falsely detecting AxeFxSend as a Trojan virus?

I added the file and folder to the Windows Defender exception list, so I won't have the issue again.

Thanks again for making such a useful program!

So you don't get asked a 51st time and as I suggested in one of my previous replies to you, Can you please update the first post in this thread and put right under the download links that some virus protection programs are falsely detecting FracTool as a Trojan virus and to resolve the issue, users will need to add the FracTool.exe file or folder it's in to their Virus Protection's exception list. Also, if for some reason users rename the file or folder, they will have to add the renamed file or folder into their exception list again.

I recommend users create a folder and put FracTool.exe into it and add the folder to their Virus Protection's exception list, so then anything they put into the folder won't cause any issues.

Back
Top Bottom