FracTool - for power users only

Windows Defender keeps deleting it as soon as I download it saying Win version has a virus. Bummmed.....

I had the same issue. You will need to go into the Defender settings and add either the file or the folder it's in or both to the exception list. If you only add the file make sure you don't rename the file. I put all my stuff into a folder called Fractal Audio and added it to the exception list and haven't had any issues since.

You can always upload any suspicious files to https://www.virustotal.com and it will list a bunch of different virus scan programs and if they think the file is a virus. It also tells you a bunch of info about the file.

I think Defender thinks AxeFxSend is a virus because it phones home to look for updates but it's definitely safe and Defender is just falsely detecting it.

Here's my post about it: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...sets-compare-amps.112538/page-30#post-1368018

tried to install it today for the first time. Windows defender flags it as:
Trojan: Win32/Spursint.A!cl

False positive. Al and others have mentioned several times before that Windows Defender isn't remotely any good and just flags any program that is compressed and accesses the internet as a trojan.

I'd probably just bypass it if I were you, programs that merely give the illusion of safety are the worst kind of protection as anyone smart is gonna be able to get around microsoft, and people will assume they're safe because, "well, it comes installed with an antivirus program, so i'm totally safe". If there were an actual trojan in this software, we'd know about it after 32 pages and 628 posts ;)

Last edited:
thanks for the tool. I converted a preset with a user cab from axeii to ax8 and ax8-edit said it was bringing the cab in as a scratchpad but the scratchpad is empty. Not sure whether it's an axefxsend or ax8-edit bug...

thanks for the tool. I converted a preset with a user cab from axeii to ax8 and ax8-edit said it was bringing the cab in as a scratchpad but the scratchpad is empty. Not sure whether it's an axefxsend or ax8-edit bug...
As usual, share the data as i can test ;)

The preset you converted is a preset that points to an empty user slot. It's not a bundle, it's just a preset. No bug on my side, neither on Axe/Ax8Edit.

Back
Top Bottom