FracTool - for power users only

Hey guys,

I'm having this problem when using AxeFxSend..

I drag the Axe II file into AxeFxSend and it says on my AX8 "Disabled Reverb , Insufficient CPU!"

Any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Cheers, Luke :)

You are not doing anything wrong. Ax8 has less CPU than AxeFX, so some presets may work on AxeFX, but you will have insufficient CPU on Ax8. Then you have to modify the preset to make it work on Ax8. Usually one can find a way to split a preset into two presets.

2.0 beta 20 is online !
- Handles Cabs (auditionned when dropped on the machine icon, or converted if dropped on the harddrive)
- Handles cabs banks : You can convert/audition banks just like with presets banks. You can also create a cab ban dropping multiple cabs. Or create single cabs from a cab bank etc...
- Handles bundles conversion (conversion to AX8 does not remove cabs in the bundle so if 2 cab blocks were present and one has been shunted because of the conversion, the cab block left may point to a wrong user cab)
- Various bug fixes

Excellent! :D I have a number of "bundled" presets I want to import to the AX8. Your program just keeps getting better all the time! Everyone who wants to use programs from other units should use this program (and donate! :cool:).

Discovered a small issue when dragging a syx file onto the hard disk icon. In that case a window opens, asking "Do you want to convert and save the file ?" offering several options. Until you close this window the explorer window where you dragged the syx file from freezes (i.e. you can't move it around, resize and so on) what can be a little cumbersome sometimes.

Discovered a small issue when dragging a syx file onto the hard disk icon. In that case a window opens, asking "Do you want to convert and save the file ?" offering several options. Until you close this window the explorer window where you dragged the syx file from freezes (i.e. you can't move it around, resize and so on) what can be a little cumbersome sometimes.
Normal behavior, it's called modal dialog so modal means blocking the app until you answer the question. So answer or hit cancel button.

Actually I tried dragging several bundle files (AXII I believe) onto the disk icon for converting to AX8 format this morning. In both cases the program crashed. It did write an output file, but I was short on time & didn't have time to test them or dig any deeper into it. I am running the program on a Mac with the latest version OS. I didn't have the AX8 powered up or AX8 running at the time. I'll have to try again later.

Sometimes when I drag an XL preset, convert it to a II preset, and load it, I can't get any sound out of my axe. I'm still seeing the input lights but unless I reinitialize the preset, I get no sound. Anyone know what's going on or a workaround?

Sometimes when I drag an XL preset, convert it to a II preset, and load it, I can't get any sound out of my axe. I'm still seeing the input lights but unless I reinitialize the preset, I get no sound. Anyone know what's going on or a workaround?
Check the controllers, etc. This happens to me all the time when loading others presets and it is almost always something tied to an external controller I do not have or that is in the wrong up/down state; as a result often the level or bypass mode will be blocking the signal. When converting to XL->I/II some FX will lose X/Y state capability which could affect this too.

Actually I tried dragging several bundle files (AXII I believe) onto the disk icon for converting to AX8 format this morning. In both cases the program crashed. It did write an output file, but I was short on time & didn't have time to test them or dig any deeper into it. I am running the program on a Mac with the latest version OS. I didn't have the AX8 powered up or AX8 running at the time. I'll have to try again later.
I didn't try on mac but can you share the bundles?

A little behind the crowd in getting this loaded up, but looking at it now. Very glad to see someone doing this (and sharing it!!).

Check the controllers, etc. This happens to me all the time when loading others presets and it is almost always something tied to an external controller I do not have or that is in the wrong up/down state; as a result often the level or bypass mode will be blocking the signal. When converting to XL->I/II some FX will lose X/Y state capability which could affect this too.
Yup, this fixed it. Thanks!

Got my AX-8 yesterday. used the converter to transfer about 50 XL presets. The converter worked extremely well, except for scene controller settings. I am impressed with how well this worked. How did you make this work with out having an AX-8? Wow am I impressed!!! If you were not converting your own presets I think it might be hard to translate some presets though when the converter has to leave blocks out to fit the AX-8. Would there be any way to send two versions of the dropped blocks in a preset so that you could see what is in the dropped blocks for settings? If so that would make an amazing program unbelievable!!!

Got my AX-8 yesterday. used the converter to transfer about 50 XL presets. The converter worked extremely well, except for scene controller settings. I am impressed with how well this worked. How did you make this work with out having an AX-8? Wow am I impressed!!! If you were not converting your own presets I think it might be hard to translate some presets though when the converter has to leave blocks out to fit the AX-8. Would there be any way to send two versions of the dropped blocks in a preset so that you could see what is in the dropped blocks for settings? If so that would make an amazing program unbelievable!!!
Thanks, it was done with help from some AX8 owners ;)
It may be a good idea to export dropped blocks to another preset file ! I'll try to add it in next release :)

forgive if this was mentioned already. i am running windows 10 and when i launch the program the pointer just spins like it's trying to load but never does. i tried deleting it and downloading it again, nothing. i tried rebooting the pc, nothing. i would love to have this program working on my pc as i have a bunch of presets to convert. any ideas on what could be the cause?

Is there a publisher-could-not-be-verified window lurking around that needs to be dismissed?

Last edited:
Is there a publisher-could-not-be-verified window lurking around that needs to be dismissed?

the first thing that happens is the window saying unknown publisher. i choose ok run anyway and it just hangs there. is there a way to turn that windows crap off?

Back
Top Bottom