FracTool - for power users only

I have to indicate the last beta allows you to drag n drop presets or even banks into the bank view, selecting multiple presets for rearranging or deleting them, save the view to another bank or to individual presets etc...

Next beta will allow the same thing for cabs.

That's so awesome you added AxeFXBankMgr to AxeFXSend and updated it to open XL+ presets!

Donation sent..thanks a lot for your hard work..There are some guys here I'd like to thanks for their helping hand .
Every time they helped us and spoked gently and had a lot of patience..you guys Thank you so much :
Yek,AlGrenadine,Chris,Simeon,Fremen and to all of you guys out there forum members !

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D (still experimental though)

capture.jpg
capture2.jpg

It's still a beta version but should work pretty well :
- It shifts usercab slots pointed by your CAB blocks so if an XL preset points to user cab 10, the converted II preset should also point to usercab 10, and viceversa
- It converts Tonematch data if the preset embeds some.
- Nothing is changed in the blocks parameters, so you may encounter differences if the AxeFx II reacts differently or if the XL preset used unavailable blocks (Y states)....
- When converting to AX8, unavailable blocks are removed and replaced by shunts
- Can convert offline
- Shows preset layout (online & offline)
- Shows preset layout if a conversion encountered unavailable blocks (online & offline)
- Auto-updates to latest version (after 2.0 beta 16)
- Can now convert presets to local files even if connected to a fas device.
- Successfully converts blocks with different X/Y data sets between II/XL/AX8.
- Bypass states should be kept between II and XL.
- Now converts input block successfully to/from AX8.
- Now converts approximatively to/from AX8 AMP block levels.

- Now includes all functionalities (and more) of defunct AxeFxBankMgr
- Allows you to audition easily banks/multiple presets at once just by dropping files on the FAS device icon.
- Batch convert multiple banks/presets at once by dropping files on the harddrive icon.

"Use at your own risk"

And please donate if you like/use it ;)

Here is the tool :

Win : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/AxeFXSend.exe
Mac : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/AxeFXSend.pkg

Current version : 2.0 beta 19

I recommend you associate syx file extension to it, this will allow you to hear a preset/ir by double-clicking it.

Presets are sent to the edit buffer, you'll have to save where you want.

Irs are sent to scratchpad and present cab blocks are set to point to scratchpad, easing auditioning process.

Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Thanks to FAS for allowing me to do it, duguy for beta testing and tgunn for code inspiration.

Usage :

Sorry for the question but how do I access the Axe Edit Buffer, once A preset is converted and "sent". Have been trying to find this but just cant figure it out - many thanks,

Just chiming in to say thank you.

I tried this on the golden delays preset that mark day made for the XL several months ago and it worked an absolute treat. <3

Sorry for the question but how do I access the Axe Edit Buffer, once A preset is converted and "sent". Have been trying to find this but just cant figure it out - many thanks,
You're always using the edit buffer. It's what a preset is loaded into when you recall it. It's what makes the sounds that your preset makes. It's what you tweak when you tweak. And it's what you save when you're done.

Last edited:
Excellent work Al.. Thanks!

I also encourage others to donate; being a programmer myself I can appreciate the effort that went into this tool.

Like theo I converted the golden delay preset (Golden Echo Juniors [http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3381]) but encountered a little issue. Conversion target was an Axe-FX II Mk I. As shown in the screenshot of the grid the shunt between the first of the compressors and the delay is not connected.

Not sure if this really shows a bug, as the preset was made for an Axe-FX II XL+ with firmware 19.x while my Axe-FX II Mk I is on Q2.04.

Thanks for this fantastic tool, Al. Keep up the great work.

Attachments

• AxeFxSend.png
    AxeFxSend.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom