FracTool - for power users only

Well, now it's done i must ask : Was it an affirmation because you thought it would never happen? ^^
A real man would back up his mouth with actions(forum posts also)!

I am glad to see this working. I am on the list for AX-8. I will make a donation and upload when my invite comes, you can bank on that.

Will there be a "how too" sheet for us old farts with no computer knowledge?
I would like to be able to use this and would love to donate.

Thanks, Al you must be genius level programmer.

Will there be a "how too" sheet for us old farts with no computer knowledge?
Here's a quick instructional how-to for AxeFXSend.

To convert an Axe-Fx XL preset for the Axe-Fx Mark I or Mark II:

1) Turn on your Axe-Fx Mk I or Mk II.

2) Open AxeFXSend.

3) Wait for AxeFXSend to recognize your Axe-FX. It'll say something like:

Model : "AxeFx II"
Version : "Quantum 2.04"
Usage : "AxeFXSend.v2.0 beta 15.exe" <sysex file>

Or drag and drop a file on this window.

4) Now drag an XL preset file onto the AxeFXSend window. The file will be converted and then loaded into your Axe's edit buffer, where you can tweak it to your heart's content.

5) Don't forget to SAVE if you want to keep it!

--- Or... ---

Just drop a syx file on axefxsend and it will ask how you want it converted if no axefx/ax8 is there...

Last edited:
I quickly browsed through a few pages and didn't see it asked, so...........Is all internal and external controller information also converted to the new format?

I quickly browsed through a few pages and didn't see it asked, so...........Is all internal and external controller information also converted to the new format?
I don't know i don't have an ax8, so tell me ;)
The 2<=>xl conversion should keep controllers though

Last edited:
Here's a quick instructional how-to for AxeFXSend.

To convert an Axe-Fx XL preset for the Axe-Fx Mark I or Mark II:

1) Turn on your Axe-Fx Mk I or Mk II.

2) Open AxeFXSend.

3) Wait for AxeFXSend to recognize your Axe-FX. It'll say something like:

4) Now drag an XL preset file onto the AxeFXSend window. The file will be converted and then loaded into your Axe's edit buffer, where you can tweak it to your heart's content.

5) Don't forget to SAVE if you want to keep it!
Or just drop a syx file on axefxsend and it will ask how you want it converted if no axefx/ax8 is there...

Surly there must be somebody near Algrenadine with an axe-8 that could drop by and give some help on this converter?! I am sure it would make this work a lot easier.

After a weekend doing extensive use of your tool (+300 XL presets converted to MarkI format) I can say this: it works like a charm!
Offline mode is a dream
What amazes me more is your responsiveness when a little mushroom appears.
I will talk to my sister for make a donation to you because I'm one of those rare freaks that don't have a credit card.

Grande fortune qu’un génie comme vous êtes sur le côté des anges!!

Last edited:
2.0 beta 16 released :
- Now handles AxeFx II compressed presets (From/To) : Fixes problems encountered when opening AxeFx II presets using Tonematch @shaddow
- Auto-quits when launched with a file in argument, easing use when associated with syx file extension : sends the file (if connected) then wait 2 seconds for you to have time to read then quits.
- Auto-updates itself for future releases

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom