FracTool - for power users only

I'm using the version posted today and I'm getting an error message before the program actually launches:

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 6.31.04 PM.png

I'm using a MacBook Pro running El Capitan 10.11.4 (the most current version).

Thanks.

Got it working with my AX8 last night...Thanks!!

Question about the import. If an Axe Fx preset has two blocks and the AX8 only has 1 block. Which one of the blocks gets "shunted?" Also, is there a way to see what that block was before it is removed?

The 2nd block is removed in this case.
No way to see what it was but it could be asked to choose in future release why not

The 2nd block is removed in this case.
No way to see what it was but it could be asked to choose in future release why not

Yea, that would be nice to see before it removes the block, more for the FX blocks and not so much for the amp and cab blocks.

Great progress.Kudos to Al!

Some of the conversion issues when transferring presets and blocks between Mk I/II and XL(+) are already documented.
It'd be great if we could assemble a list of all of those, including transferring presets from/to AX8.
That's a mighty task though ...

Donated!:cool:

Great little program. I've been using it on an iMac, importing Axe II presets into an AX8. It has been a metamorphosis from the beginning of the Mac version. At first there were lots of little issues (as posted on this thread) but you’ve been diligently updating it on a daily basis, and right now it seems to be working very well, and I’m not even on the latest version yet.

Thanks for your hard work on this! :D

One thing I’d like to ask, and I don’t know if this is possible or not, but would there be some way for this program (or some other program) to output a text file or CSV file of the blocks within a patch and their settings?

When doing a transfer to an AX8 from an Axe II, some of the blocks are removed due to the differences in architecture of the units, so you have no idea what is missing. Actually the converter program tells you what blocks were removed, but you have no clue as to where the blocks were in the effects chain, or what their settings were.

Just as a learning tool, and to give you some idea of what you might be able to do to substitute for the missing elements (when it is possible) it would be great to see the original blocks and their settings in detail. Maybe there is already some method to do this that I am not aware of yet?...

Last edited:
One thing I’d like to ask, and I don’t know if this is possible or not, but would there be some way for this program (or some other program) to output a text file or CSV file of the blocks within a patch and their settings?

Axe Edit can export as csv files.

Back
Top Bottom