FracTool - for power users only

Al, it's a pity I can only like your original post once. Thank you for this! You have no idea how tricky it's been working with artists with different iterations of the hardware. This makes my life so much easier.

It worked on second try, but only half of the blocks are in this preset now. Missing blocks are Vol, Gate, Drive and Amp.
Also i noticed it imports block at default settings, nothing like the original preset.

Last edited:
It worked on second try, but only half of the blocks are in this preset now. Missing blocks are Vol, Gate, Drive and Amp.
Also i noticed it imports block at default settings, nothing like the original preset.
Maybe because amp2 block was used etc... I'll try to filter this in next release and transform amp2 to amp1 if only one amp is used etc...

No AMP2 or other exotic blocks were used. I tried a couple presets and both were transferred with missing blocks and with default block settings.

Ok i just make suppositions, by the way the ax8 preset format is still unclear to me while i've understood how the ii/xl are structured. I hope understanding it more examining more ax8 presets...

giphy.gif

Al....... you're a fricken genius mate!!!

Posted a message on the forum a couple of weeks ago wishing for this app.

Well deserved donation on its way.

Awesome work and thanks for sharing.

Hi Al,

Big fan of all your work and really liked the original AxFxSend and AxBankMgr. The original AxFxSend was the one that let you drop a bank or folder of presets and then would load them into hardware. Very fast. Your new tool has the same name but apparently is only for converting a single XL file to a different format ( II, AX8). (I actually rename it AxFxConverter to keep the two utilities straight on my pc.)

Will these 2 AxFxSend variations be combined at some point or are you dropping the original AxFxSend because its somewhat covered by Axe Edit's Preset Mgr ( personally I still overwhelmingly prefer your tool for auditioning banks and folders of presets stored on my pc).

If not, do you see the "new" AxFxSend having batch capabilities at some point?

Thanks very much for all you do for this community!

p.s.- (Hope this wasn't answered somewhere else, I looked but did not find.)

The new AxeFxSend will probably replace the old one with more capabilities, but it's a total rework and it's now nearly mac compatible...

The new AxeFxSend will probably replace the old one with more capabilities, but it's a total rework and it's now nearly mac compatible...

dont know which version i should have or which i tried. tool is indeed very quick and i know its a beta.
tried some XL stuff to be transferred to axe fx mkii

some presets show inside axe edit (which i use).

Q1 can both tool work together?
Q2 some presets fail (maybe due to Q1?)
(some shunts not correct, but mainly values of preset incorrect)

is there a list of known errors/bugs/etc and where do you want your feedback?
(mailadres with presets and endresult)

Attachments

• MKIIC+ Lead LTD KH OH_MES.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 9
  • MKIIC+ Rhythm ESP EC OHMES.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom