FracTool - for power users only

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D

capture.jpg

It's still a beta version but should work pretty well :
- It shifts usercab slots pointed by your CAB blocks so if an XL preset points to user cab 10, the converted II preset should also point to usercab 10, and viceversa
- It converts Tonematch data if the preset embeds some.
- Nothing is changed in the blocks parameters, so you may encounter differences if the AxeFx II reacts differently or if the XL preset used unavailable blocks (Y states)....

"Use at your own risk"

And please donate if you like/use it ;)

Here is the tool :

Win : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/AxeFXSend.exe
Mac : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/AxeFXSend.pkg

Current version : 2.0 beta 10

I recommend you associate syx file extension to it, this will allow you to hear a preset/ir by double-clicking it.

Presets are sent to the edit buffer, you'll have to save where you want.

Irs are sent to scratchpad and present cab blocks are set to point to scratchpad, easing auditioning process.

Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Thanks to FAS for allowing me to do it, duguy for beta testing and tgunn for code inspiration.

Have downloaded the tool. Will try it!
will make paypal account and will send a donation soon!

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D
Great !
... and of course here comes a "error decoding" preset http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3025

Model : "AX8"

Version : "2.02"

Usage : "AxeFxSend" <sysex file>
Or drag and drop a file on this window.

Loaded preset "/Users/meh/Downloads/p003025_HarmonicFeedbackMarkDay.syx" ok

Error decoding XL preset

Error Sending "/Users/meh/Downloads/p003025_HarmonicFeedbackMarkDay.syx"

OS X El Capitan v 10.11.1
AxeFXSend 2.0 beta 10
AX8 fw 2.02
I tried searching only 2.02 presets, but that is not an option yet on axechange.
AN Test loads and has sound first time loaded.
Tried axechange patches and got the results you can see in the tiff files in the zip file.
Reloaded AN Test. It loads, but no sound. Gate output is at 0 dB.
Try loading factory patches, they no longer have sound.
Reboot AX8 and all is well again.
You had asked for someone with an AX8 to try the AxeFXSend. I am probably doing something wrong as I an new to FAS, but I thought I would try.

Attachments

• attachments.zip
    615.3 KB · Views: 19
AxeFXSend 2.0 beta 10
AX8 fw 2.02
I tried searching only 2.02 presets, but that is not an option yet on axechange.
Tried axechange patches and got the results you can see in the tiff files in the zip file.
You had asked for someone with an AX8 to try the AxeFXSend. I am probably doing something wrong as I an new to FAS, but I thought I would try.

I've had the same experiences converting patches and loading them in an AX8. Sometimes they don't convert or error out (some are bundles which aren't supported yet). Many of them work or say they converted but don't transfer to the current patch on my AX8 which is running and connected by USB to my Mac. Oddly, if I convert the same file again it usually does load in the current patch of the AX8. They are sometimes missing blocks (maybe use blocks not available on the AX8), and are usually missing shunts that connect to the input side. Those are easy enough to put in.

After using the converter none of the transferred patches( with added shunts), and none of my existing patches will make any sound whatsoever. You have to shut the AX8 down, and bring it back up and then all patches work normally. Not sure what it's changing but running it currently kills the output.

so, a few bugs to work out and it can't convert everything yet, and of course it drops any blocks that aren't available, but it does work somewhat on the AX8 and looks very promising. I am stoked to see if some of these bugs can be worked out and if so, it's golden!

AxeFXSend 2.0 beta 10
AX8 fw 2.02
Macs seem to have problems with midi, i'll probably activate a slower midi send on mac to see if it works better.

For the ax8 output being cut it's probably due to non handled blocks sent, i'll try to filter before sending them on next release.

Without an ax8 in my possession i really need your feedback, thanks for that ;)

Pretty amazing you have the ability do this Al, since there are a number of items not included in the AX8.

Last edited:
Trying to convert some of Yek's Quantum XL patches to my II and consistently get the same problem each time - a lot of the amp settings are turned completely counter clockwise to -10 or -100% (everything on dynamics tab). GEQ - every band set at -12. On basic page, bright is always at -12 and input and master volume trims are 0.1. A lot of the time, the cab block is set to 1x6 oval. Using latest Mac version.

Trying to convert some of Yek's Quantum XL patches to my II and consistently get the same problem each time - a lot of the amp settings are turned completely counter clockwise to -10 or -100% (everything on dynamics tab). GEQ - every band set at -12. On basic page, bright is always at -12 and input and master volume trims are 0.1. A lot of the time, the cab block is set to 1x6 oval. Using latest Mac version.
Do you have the same firmware version as original patches were made?
Can you try on Windows?

What exactly should happen when it says preset is converted and sent?
I tried to convert AXE II preset to AX8 and it said it is converted and sent, but nothing has happened in the AX8.
Mac here.

What exactly should happen when it says preset is converted and sent?
I tried to convert AXE II preset to AX8 and it said it is converted and sent, but nothing has happened in the AX8.
Mac here.
Mac midi seems bad... Try to send again, yek said sending twice seems to fix this problem...

Back
Top Bottom