FracTool - for power users only

Al, I'm not getting any volume at all. The presets load but no sound at all. I'm using Yeks XL presets from todays posts.
I see no problems in the preset.
Thank you.
Can you share the preset?
If loading an xl preset into a 2 you can expect weird things if xy blocks are incompatible

Great utility! Im having an issue with it on Yeks "Q2-ALL-stockcab-noglobals" files (see example below). It uses Send and Return blocks and the Send Level gets set to 0%, and the return Mix is set at 0%, so the patch is silent - modifying these values after import to 100% fixes this. Is this an issue with the script of the original patch? I'm not sure as I cant read the original XL patch.

upload_2016-3-25_20-35-57.png

Great utility! Im having an issue with it on Yeks "Q2-ALL-stockcab-noglobals" files (see example below). It uses Send and Return blocks and the Send Level gets set to 0%, and the return Mix is set at 0%, so the patch is silent - modifying these values after import to 100% fixes this. Is this an issue with the script of the original patch? I'm not sure as I cant read the original XL patch.

View attachment 31358
This sort of differences is to expect, sadly, but i think it's minor counterpart. It's because of such problems FAS probably didn't want to do it, and as a company i think they were right, it would have given them a lot of problems...

This sort of differences is to expect, sadly, but i think it's minor counterpart. It's because of such problems FAS probably didn't want to do it, and as a company i think they were right, it would have given them a lot of problems...

No problem, I hope my post will at least give people a starting point in finding causes of silent patches.

Hey,

I am definitely one who has requested this. I have an Ax8 and have wanted to dive into the huge number of available presets for other machines. I will try amd definitely donate, if it works for me.

Very good job.

Yes the volume thing is known i'll try to figure it out... For the other things i can't do anything the converter copies the blocks as they are, so the axefx firmware probably interprets blocks parameters differently...
It's to be expected.

O.k. I figured out the volume thing. When AX8 patches are translated, the Gate output level is set all the way down at -20 dB. Crank that up to 0 and everything is good to go. I'll have to try some more AX8 presets and see if that happens across the board. So far I've seen it for all 3 I've tried. Thanks.
-
Austin

O.k. I figured out the volume thing. When AX8 patches are translated, the Gate output level is set all the way down at -20 dB. Crank that up to 0 and everything is good to go. I'll have to try some more AX8 presets and see if that happens across the board. So far I've seen it for all 3 I've tried. Thanks.
-
Austin
It's interesting to list those problems, maybe i'll be able to correct this

Alex for president :cool:

I have already converted over 400 presets into the AX8 but I will try this later today.
Hi fremen!
It's it possible for you to send Al a Mk I/II preset för testing purposes? I'm thinking of something like JCM 800 Rtm/Ld maybe, even from the earlier Quantum 1 bank you made on your Mark I/II?
I know this one contain a TremPan block. TremPan is one of those blocks that has X/Y function in XL but not in II.
I suppose you set this block to be bypassed originally in this preset? But when opened in XL it is not, so would be nice if Al could do some tests and see if he can do anything about this "bug".

Back
Top Bottom