FracTool - for power users only

Could someone with a mkI/II tell me which preset version corresponds to firmware Q7.02 final release ?
In order to get it, just export a preset saved in Q7.02 from AxeEdit and drop it on the magnifying glass in FracTool , it will be displayed in the log window of FracTool

FracTool 2.47 is available :
- Fixes a crash when converting mkI/II presets to AX8
- Fixes Flanger block conversion between AxeFx and AX8
- Duplicate modifiers are now removed during conversion
- When converting AX8 presets ot AxeFx, Cabs had a random speaker size value. Now set to 1.0

Last edited:
FracTool 2.48 is available :
- It now supports Firmware files, allowing the firmware flash ! Just drop the firmware zip file and it will update ! (firmware syx files are also supported)
- Introduces an attempt to make preset exchange easier for everyone : FracBundles !
While FAS bundles integrate cabs IRs in the preset are a great way to share a fully working preset, it can be problematic with copyrighted IRs.
So that's where FracBundles proprietary fileformat comes in !
It doesn't embed the IRs used in the preset but only their names.
When importing the FracBundle preset with FracTool, and if you already own the necessary IRs on your machine, the cabs blocks will be set pointing to the correct user slots !
Of course, for now this proprietary fileformat is only supported by FracTool (and FracPad) and the FracBundle has to be exported by FracTool (context menu on the device icon, get current preset).
Let's now hope FractalAudio will include a similar feature in future AxeEdit/AX8Edit versions ;) @Admin M@ @joe rogers @Michael Pickens

I am having trouble loading my saved presets that were saved using Axe-FX Mark II into Axe-FX XL+. Whenever I import it nothing shows up. I tried loading a preset into Fractool and all of the blocks show in the Fractool editor but when I send it to the XL+ everything is still blank. I included a preset file that I saved with the Mark II.

Attachments

• A004_Bright Crunch Strat Reverb.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I am having trouble loading my saved presets that were saved using Axe-FX Mark II into Axe-FX XL+. Whenever I import it nothing shows up. I tried loading a preset into Fractool and all of the blocks show in the Fractool editor but when I send it to the XL+ everything is still blank. I included a preset file that I saved with the Mark II.

I experienced a similar issue. Are you using Q7.02 beta firmware in the XL+?

I really love the idea of FracTool. But, it is always converting my Y amp to 59 Bassman. I'm using the LoneStar Lead as my Y, and it always converts it to the Bassman. Any suggestions? Help. Thanks.

I updated FracTool today, Im on current firmware on the AxII and Ax8 as well as the editors of each.

I really love the idea of FracTool. But, it is always converting my Y amp to 59 Bassman. I'm using the LoneStar Lead as my Y, and it always converts it to the Bassman. Any suggestions? Help. Thanks.

I updated FracTool today, Im on current firmware on the AxII and Ax8 as well as the editors of each.
Share the preset.
Current firmware = q8 on both?

Back
Top Bottom