FracTool - for power users only

beta 9 is up and should fix your problem

Definite improvement I think. However, still some delay weirdness. If you take a look at the preset here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-last-shimmer-preset-i-promise.109345/#post-1321369
It still loads with the delay loop. Looks like it can be stopped by switching the delay type away and back and I believe it's only happening when the delay block is active in the saved preset (if the delay is present, but not active, it behaves normally when you turn it on). Also, for this preset the volume is very low. I even if I raise the amp volume to -5 dB so it balances with the shimmer sound, the overall preset is still much quieter than the other ones on my XL+. I believe I have that preset saved as exported blocks, so I'll have to see if it is similarly quite when imported piecemeal (IIRC, it not, but I've learned not to trust my recollection :D ). Thanks for all your work on this btw!
-
Austin

Definite improvement I think. However, still some delay weirdness. If you take a look at the preset here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/the-last-shimmer-preset-i-promise.109345/#post-1321369
It still loads with the delay loop. Looks like it can be stopped by switching the delay type away and back and I believe it's only happening when the delay block is active in the saved preset (if the delay is present, but not active, it behaves normally when you turn it on). Also, for this preset the volume is very low. I even if I raise the amp volume to -5 dB so it balances with the shimmer sound, the overall preset is still much quieter than the other ones on my XL+. I believe I have that preset saved as exported blocks, so I'll have to see if it is similarly quite when imported piecemeal (IIRC, it not, but I've learned not to trust my recollection :D ). Thanks for all your work on this btw!
-
Austin
Yes the volume thing is known i'll try to figure it out... For the other things i can't do anything the converter copies the blocks as they are, so the axefx firmware probably interprets blocks parameters differently...
It's to be expected.

AlGrenadine: I have fremens presets from firmware Quantum 1 loaded on my XL+. I know 100% sure the preset JCM 800 Rtm/LD has a TremPan block that is on when loaded in XL, and shouldn't be. Unfortunately I can't find those presets on my PC anymore, and I guess if I take it from my XL+ and send to you it will be converted to a XL preset, not a II...
Maybe someone, even Fremen himself could send you that old preset in it's original II form with the TremPan off, and you can test if you can make it stay off when imported to XL?
Otherwise maybe some kind soul here with a Mark I/II could make a preset with a TremPan block in it (or another block that has X/Y functionality on the XL but not the II) and set it to bypassed, so you could do some tests?

EDIT: I do have fremens latest Quantum 2 presets available aswell, but since they are paid for I can't post the preset without his permission.

Last edited:
Hi. I tried 2.0 beta 9 (on Win). The program tells Model AX8 Version 2.02. So it is connected. I drag a preset from the Javier Reyes Mestis Pack - Mestis Rhythm.syx. The program tells Loaded Preset: .... ok. Converted from II to AX8. Sent ok.
But the preset in the AX8 is empty. Does the program send it to AX8 or makes it a file? I cannot find a new file. I tried some others from the pack. Preset in AX8 is always empty. If i use a saved AX8 preset the tool does no convertion and the preset is loaded in AX8.

Hi. I tried 2.0 beta 9 (on Win). The program tells Model AX8 Version 2.02. So it is connected. I drag a preset from the Javier Reyes Mestis Pack - Mestis Rhythm.syx. The program tells Loaded Preset: .... ok. Converted from II to AX8. Sent ok.
But the preset in the AX8 is empty. Does the program send it to AX8 or makes it a file? I cannot find a new file. I tried some others from the pack. Preset in AX8 is always empty. If i use a saved AX8 preset the tool does no convertion and the preset is loaded in AX8.
It is sent but i don't have an ax8 so i have to figure blindly...
I may have an idea though

Can you share an ax8 preset recently created please?

It is sent but i don't have an ax8 so i have to figure blindly...
I may have an idea though
This is real hard to do it without device. Take your time. If you want i can test but i don't have AxeFx. I can test it is loading to Ax8 and works. I cannot see if sound or settings are equal.
Edit: Appended a preset. I started a new preset and inserted only an amp and a cab and exported it.

Attachments

• AN Test.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Sounds like this could be a great opportunity for Fractal to step in and assist with their unique programming abilities (and certainly compensate Al for his hard work to this point)

This is certainly a feature that users of the II, the Xl and the AX8 all welcome, and likely would sell a few more units like the AX8 if the potential buyers already have the rack units and maybe being able to easily transfer their patches between units would "seal the deal" for their purchase.

Likewise, with a ton of new users buying into the brand with the AX8, and likely coming up with cool sounds to share, allowing them to trade patches with all the current base of rack users makes good sense. Total brand unity opposed to subsets of AX8 and rack users who stick to their respective camps.

Certainly could take some time, and Fractal has a lot of balls in the air, but this could maybe even be a paid feature. Users here clearly demonstrated willingness to contribute for this feature.

Maybe have a free version of Axe-Edit and then an Axe-Edit Pro version, which can translate patches between units for $19.99 or something. Free basic editing for ones own hardware and if you want to be able to use other patches, then you can pay for the "pro" version.

Win to the 5th power for Axe II, XL, AX8, Al and even Fractal as a company that way

First: I think FAS can send you a free AX8... because you genial work! Can't figure out a "best guy of the month" other than you!!!
Second: what about all those "can't be done"?????

Al, I'm not getting any volume at all. The presets load but no sound at all. I'm using Yeks XL presets from todays posts.
I see no problems in the preset.
Thank you.

Al, I'm not getting any volume at all. The presets load but no sound at all. I'm using Yeks XL presets from todays posts.
I see no problems in the preset.
Thank you.
Yes the amp block level uses different approach you just have to adjust it.
By the way did you manage to import XL preset on an AX8 ?

... For the other things i can't do anything the converter copies the blocks as they are, so the axefx firmware probably interprets blocks parameters differently...
It's to be expected.

The AX8 presets I was dealing with were all from earlier firmware versions on the AX8 (1.something) and I'm running 2.04 on my XL+. I wonder if that has anything to do with it. Either way, it looks like changing the delay type away and back fixes it so no biggie.
-
Austin

This is real hard to do it without device. Take your time. If you want i can test but i don't have AxeFx. I can test it is loading to Ax8 and works. I cannot see if sound or settings are equal.
Edit: Appended a preset. I started a new preset and inserted only an amp and a cab and exported it.
Can you try the beta 10, it may work ?

Haven't tried this yet, but with this tool it makes it much more practical to have both an Axe-Fx and AX8. Keeping the separate units in synch will be manageable.

Great work and thanks so much. If I can get it to work for me you can expect a donation.

Back
Top Bottom