FracTool - for power users only

FracTool 2.10 is online :)
AxeChange integrated, both Presets and Cabs :
- If online the presets are send to edit buffer, if offline a conversion to local file is possible. Preset layout grid is shown.
- If online the cabs are send to the scratchpad and the current preset cabs blocks are set to point to this scratchpad, if offline a conversion to local file is possible.

The Axe-Exchange is great, but do be careful if loading directly in AX8, (I recommend turning down AX volume completely) to avoid unpleasant CPU overload and other gain-related noises that can occur....

Hi Al

I just upgraded from AxeSend 2.0x to FracTool 2.10. In Windows, now when I try to associate .syx files with the app, the O/S won't let me do it. If I right-click on a .syx file and choose "Open with" to choose an app, I can't get FracTool to show up in the default apps window as one of the options.

Any idea why that may have happened between versions?

Hi Al

I just upgraded from AxeSend 2.0x to FracTool 2.10. In Windows, now when I try to associate .syx files with the app, the O/S won't let me do it. If I right-click on a .syx file and choose "Open with" to choose an app, I can't get FracTool to show up in the default apps window as one of the options.

Any idea why that may have happened between versions?

Try searching in the Start Menu or Metro search depending on your windows version for "Default Programs". This will let you setup the file associations.

FracTool 2.10 is online :)
AxeChange integrated, both Presets and Cabs :
- If online the presets are send to edit buffer, if offline a conversion to local file is possible. Preset layout grid is shown.
- If online the cabs are send to the scratchpad and the current preset cabs blocks are set to point to this scratchpad, if offline a conversion to local file is possible.

The AxeExchange integration and the other updates are genius! Nice work Al! This utility is getting better & better all the time!:cool:

Thanks Al.

Definitely a great tool. Well thought out. Bravo.

AxeChange direct access is something I wished for quite sometime. :)

Sure worth a donation. Done.

Just a little thing :
- the "copy link location" on the AxeChange tabs don't seem to copy the full link --> detail.php?cab=66 is copied instead of http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=66
- in the "Amps Compare" tab not so sure what the effect of "fast mode". What's the difference with the "slow" mode ?

Thanks Al.

Definitely a great tool. Well thought out. Bravo.

AxeChange direct access is something I wished for quite sometime. :)

Sure worth a donation. Done.

Just a little thing :
- the "copy link location" on the AxeChange tabs don't seem to copy the full link --> detail.php?cab=66 is copied instead of http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?cab=66
- in the "Amps Compare" tab not so sure what the effect of "fast mode". What's the difference with the "slow" mode ?
Thanks Eric :)
I'll fix the link copy menu.
The fast mode sends the data without waiting for the axefx to acknowledge every data chunk, so it's a lot faster, particularly on Windows.

Back
Top Bottom