FracTool - for power users only

just wondering if this is a dead project? I attempted to use it just to map cabs to presets for my fm9 and there are tons of erroneous mappings.

example
spreadsheet
1678754574664.png

actual
1678754664104.png

I just purchased an FM3 after having an Ax8 a couple years ago. I’ve updated the firmware and loaded FM3 edit and Fractool. I downloaded some presets from ax exchange that I used previously. I used fractool to convert the file, but the preset does not auto populate my FM3 edit. I tried saving the FM3 file and opening in FM3 edit, it opens and loads but I’m getting no sound. Help!

I just purchased an FM3 after having an Ax8 a couple years ago. I’ve updated the firmware and loaded FM3 edit and Fractool. I downloaded some presets from ax exchange that I used previously. I used fractool to convert the file, but the preset does not auto populate my FM3 edit. I tried saving the FM3 file and opening in FM3 edit, it opens and loads but I’m getting no sound. Help!
What presets did you try to convert ? AX8 ? Please provide them or an axechange link to them ;)
The usual best way to handle this is converting presets to AxeFx3 format then use the FM3/FM9/AxeFx III Editor to import the converted preset

What presets did you try to convert ? AX8 ? Please provide them or an axechange link to them ;)
The usual best way to handle this is converting presets to AxeFx3 format then use the FM3/FM9/AxeFx III Editor to import the converted preset

The Bulb rhythm patch is one of them. Basically all of Misha‘s presets. Looks like they were originally on Ax FX 2. Sorry its not letting me reply with the link in the comment. I will try converting to AxeFx3 format and then importing into the editor.

The Bulb rhythm patch is one of them. Basically all of Misha‘s presets. Looks like they were originally on Ax FX 2. Sorry its not letting me reply with the link in the comment. I will try converting to AxeFx3 format and then importing into the editor.
Forget them, they wouldn't translate well anyway , create your own presets it's always better

Hey there @AlGrenadine

Just now I tried the batch setter with fractool. I selected the -> bypass block and save option. I have many presets that have input usb enabled in all scenes. The batch setter only bypasses scene 1. Is there a setting that I missed so the input usb would be disabled in all scenes reading through preset 0-1023 instead of just scene 1?

Thank you in advance

Cheers 🍻

Hey there @AlGrenadine

Just now I tried the batch setter with fractool. I selected the -> bypass block and save option. I have many presets that have input usb enabled in all scenes. The batch setter only bypasses scene 1. Is there a setting that I missed so the input usb would be disabled in all scenes reading through preset 0-1023 instead of just scene 1?

Thank you in advance

Cheers 🍻
Hi
It loads a preset and does the job on the scene loaded with the preset
Fractal editors have a batch setter now too, though

Hi
It loads a preset and does the job on the scene loaded with the preset
Fractal editors have a batch setter now too, though
Haven't seen this feature in the Fractal editor. Cool, thank you for the fast reply (as allways).

Cheers

EDIT: found it... with fractalbot Axe-Edit is indeed much quicker than the frontpanel. Your software scans all presets, now I do one by one. No big issue, just misses the coolnes of the scanning part ;)

Last edited:
I have been going now through 100+ presets. ( CTRL+PAGE-UP, CTRL+SHIFT+SPACEBAR, CTRL+S, ) over and over again and still more to go

You know you can do something about it right @AlGrenadine #YesYouCan

kidding, back to work for me

Cheers

I have been going now through 100+ presets. ( CTRL+PAGE-UP, CTRL+SHIFT+SPACEBAR, CTRL+S, ) over and over again and still more to go

You know you can do something about it right @AlGrenadine #YesYouCan

kidding, back to work for me

Cheers
Yes i could
But i have a big deadline to respect on my regular job so... Absolutely no time free in next weeks

Back
Top Bottom