FracTool - for power users only

^^^ Yes, this.

Fractal is a very full-featured ecosystem, but there are gaps, some of which FracTool fills very well.

The one I reach for most is the listing of which IRs are in use, so I know which ones I can delete or move when I want to add more. That's something AxeEdit should do itself, or make it so you don't need to care, but in the mean time, FracTool to the rescue!

Plus it has a great name!

In how far has preset conversion been tested ? I'm currently trying to convert my AX8 presets to FM9. While FracTool has no problems doing so the imported presets on the FM9 are basically empty. Is that route supported at all ?

In how far has preset conversion been tested ? I'm currently trying to convert my AX8 presets to FM9. While FracTool has no problems doing so the imported presets on the FM9 are basically empty. Is that route supported at all ?
What is the point in converting ax8 presets to fm9? Of course it doesn't work
It's like converting kemper presets to FractalAudio... Totally different machines...
The only tested and somewhat reasonable conversion was gen2 to axefx3 when axefx3 was in firmware 1

What is the point in converting ax8 presets to fm9? Of course it doesn't work
It's like converting kemper presets to FractalAudio... Totally different machines...
The only tested and somewhat reasonabeFxle conversion was gen2 to axefx3 when axefx3 was in firmware 1
It would help if the basic block structure and wiring could be migrated, I know I would need to adjust block parameters. You might want to disable AX8 preset conversion beyond the AxFx2 entirely.

It would help if the basic block structure and wiring could be migrated, I know I would need to adjust block parameters. You might want to disable AX8 preset conversion beyond the AxFx2 entirely.
Then, as already answered few times, convert to axefx3 then use fm9edit to import

Hi Al, hi All,
Over the last weeks I've been experimenting with the Fractool.
Tried to convert about 5 presets from Axe2 to Axe3.
Also three from FM9 to Axe3.
Unlike most users who report success here I've only achieved badly damaged presets in my Axe3. Examples: delays with weird settings, drive blocks where the mix button works reverse, blocks that need complete reset or they don't pass any sound, amp choice incorrectly translated, etc.
Now, I'm a (very) experienced Axe2 and Axe3 user, but a complete newbee to Fractool.
From what I understand it's simply a matter of drag-and-drop a *.sysex file onto the picture of the Axe3, right?
And then you should have a well translated preset, right?
Well, not here with me.
Any suggestion for things I might try will be highly appreciated, thx!
And if the developer (Al?) would like me to share original and translated presets I'll be glad to be of help for testing, ok?
Cheers, Rob

Hi Al, hi All,
Over the last weeks I've been experimenting with the Fractool.
Tried to convert about 5 presets from Axe2 to Axe3.
Also three from FM9 to Axe3.
Unlike most users who report success here I've only achieved badly damaged presets in my Axe3. Examples: delays with weird settings, drive blocks where the mix button works reverse, blocks that need complete reset or they don't pass any sound, amp choice incorrectly translated, etc.
Now, I'm a (very) experienced Axe2 and Axe3 user, but a complete newbee to Fractool.
From what I understand it's simply a matter of drag-and-drop a *.sysex file onto the picture of the Axe3, right?
And then you should have a well translated preset, right?
Well, not here with me.
Any suggestion for things I might try will be highly appreciated, thx!
And if the developer (Al?) would like me to share original and translated presets I'll be glad to be of help for testing, ok?
Cheers, Rob
It can only work correctly if you use latest axefx2 firmware and firmware 1.xx on your axefx3
Otherwise it translates parameters which exist. But you must understand the same parameter value on axefx3 doesn't have the same effect on sound that is had on gen2

So these conversions don't have any sense anymore. I did for gen2=> gen3 move when axefx3 was just released.
I'll remove this ability in next version because people don't understand it...

It can only work correctly if you use latest axefx2 firmware and firmware 1.xx on your axefx3
Otherwise it translates parameters which exist. But you must understand the same parameter value on axefx3 doesn't have the same effect on sound that is had on gen2

So these conversions don't have any sense anymore. I did for gen2=> gen3 move when axefx3 was just released.
I'll remove this ability in next version because people don't understand it...
I see ... thx for your quick reply.
Actually I have no idea with which version the Axe2 presets were made, but for sure my Axe3 is not on 1.xx anymore for a long time.
So, that explains it and if I understand it correctly now there's no hope Fractool will ever do what I hoped, is that right?
And I just saw FM9 <> Axe3 is not yet supported.
Suppose that clarifies my experiences.
Thx anyway for what you've built, great job, it would be great if FAS would adopt your work ... So many different machines and no conversion of presets between them, that's a pitty.

I see ... thx for your quick reply.
Actually I have no idea with which version the Axe2 presets were made, but for sure my Axe3 is not on 1.xx anymore for a long time.
So, that explains it and if I understand it correctly now there's no hope Fractool will ever do what I hoped, is that right?
And I just saw FM9 <> Axe3 is not yet supported.
Suppose that clarifies my experiences.
Thx anyway for what you've built, great job, it would be great if FAS would adopt your work ... So many different machines and no conversion of presets between them, that's a pitty.
FM9 <=> axefx3 is officially supported by fm9edit and axe3edit

Also is there way someone could convert this preset to so those with an axe f2 could play along as well? As other than the 3 cabs everything else seems like it would work in the 2.

Also is there way someone could convert this preset to so those with an axe f2 could play along as well? As other than the 3 cabs everything else seems like it would work in the 2.
What preset are you talking about here? There's no context to your question...

In any case, converting a preset from III to II isn't going to happen with FracTool.

Back
Top Bottom