FracTool - for power users only

I have a feature request. I'd like to be able to set multiple parameters for a block at once (in my case Amp 1) across multiple presets. I'd also like to be able to save the batch script so I can re-run it in the future if I need to.

I have a feature request. I'd like to be able to set multiple parameters for a block at once (in my case Amp 1) across multiple presets. I'd also like to be able to save the batch script so I can re-run it in the future if I need to.
Too complicated sorry
But i have in mind a little side project which would be a scripting host for the Fractal platform... When i'll have some time

Thanks for doing this! Is this thing up to date? I have someone's tone match off Deftones Diamond Eyes i would like to try but was made on an Axe FX2. I notice this original thread was made in 2016. Is the most updated version in the first posting? Or do I have to find it in one of these 192 pages worth of threads?
And can anyone please summarize some things you have learned along the way to look out for doing or avoiding along the way in trying this? I just dont want to destroy my Axe Fx 3, I already came close to doing that in the past with other nonsense.

Hi,
I've just received my FM9 Turbo (firmware 3.00) and like to get my AX8 presets into it. When I've read correctly, this is only possible by converting first to the AXE-FXIII format and then load this preset into the FM9.
I actually get all the blocks into the FM9 but there is no sound at the output and I couldn't find out why, so far.
I've attached a preset as an example and would be very thankful if anybody could tell me what step I might be missing.
Thanks.

Attachments

• 30-3_BDAP Stern.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi,
I've just received my FM9 Turbo (firmware 3.00) and like to get my AX8 presets into it. When I've read correctly, this is only possible by converting first to the AXE-FXIII format and then load this preset into the FM9.
I actually get all the blocks into the FM9 but there is no sound at the output and I couldn't find out why, so far.
I've attached a preset as an example and would be very thankful if anybody could tell me what step I might be missing.
Thanks.
I tried it and I have sound but there is not amp block or cab block in your ax8 file.

1662574783826.png

Thanks. I posted one of the less complex presets without amp and cab block that I use before a real amp.
As you’ve tested with a AXE-FX III (I only have the FM9), it then might be the load process into the FM9 that causes the missing sound at the outputs. I will have to check each block again to see if there‘s a complete volume reduction somewhere.

Thanks, I've looked at the meters. Some blocks needed to be resetted, then I have sound at the outputs. It seems, in the end it's better to start from scratch on the FM9 and look up the needed settings on my AX8.

Thanks, I've looked at the meters. Some blocks needed to be resetted, then I have sound at the outputs. It seems, in the end it's better to start from scratch on the FM9 and look up the needed settings on my AX8.
Tbh moving presets from ax8 to fm9 has no real sense, apart keeping the signal flow maybe. But there's been so much improvements between the 2 devices that there's no way to get it sounding correctly just by entering the same parameters values for each block (which is basically what FracTool does when converting)

I there a way to use FracTool to change Modifier 1 which uses External Controller 1, to change the Auto Engage value from 5% to 95% across all presets? Have tried Batch Setter -> Controllers -> 1 but theres no useful options after that. Thanks.

1663864484323.png

1663864645948.png

I there a way to use FracTool to change Modifier 1 which uses External Controller 1, to change the Auto Engage value from 5% to 95% across all presets? Have tried Batch Setter -> Controllers -> 1 but theres no useful options after that. Thanks.

View attachment 108793

View attachment 108794
No, batch setter only works on blocks.
Controllers are a block but modifiers are another concept, not accessible in batch setter

Back
Top Bottom