FracTool - for power users only

I would love for this to work and would gladly donate but mine is crashing every time I drag an AXE II patch in for conversion. Im running MAC Big Sur with latest firmware on the FM9.

I would love for this to work and would gladly donate but mine is crashing every time I drag an AXE II patch in for conversion. Im running MAC Big Sur with latest firmware on the FM9.
Gimme a patch
But axefx2 to fm9 is a bit exagerated use...
Gen2 to axefx3 is best.
Then you can convert to fm9 with fractal editors

Reactions: Rex
Gimme a patch
But axefx2 to fm9 is a bit exagerated use...
Gen2 to axefx3 is best.
Then you can convert to fm9 with fractal editors
Here is the patch I was trying to convert. Unfortunately I don't have an AxeFX 3. Just the FM9. I have already sold my Axe2.

Attachments

• Holy Ground.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
  • FracTool_Crash.pdf
    158.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Hi Alex,
The app crashes on mac os big sur when changing from main window to any other tab. Good news is you can convert presets from the main window without problems, son primary functionality is covered.
Can someone else working on mac platform confirm this behaviour? Maybe it's just a problem on my side...

maybe a link to older versions of the app will help to troubleshoot this kind of things.

Already there : drop multiple presets, it will open a bank window, hit save as individual presets, choose destination format, done

Probably a simple mistake I'm doing, but trying to convert some old AX8 effects blocks in a batch to FM3. I can select all, drag-drop to FracTool, but it is only saving one at a time instead of all.

What am I not doing or selecting for a batch save?

Probably a simple mistake I'm doing, but trying to convert some old AX8 effects blocks in a batch to FM3. I can select all, drag-drop to FracTool, but it is only saving one at a time instead of all.

What am I not doing or selecting for a batch save?
Blocks can't
Presets yes
Drop them on the view icon then see my previous post

I'm appealing to any who can convert my old AXE2 presets to AXE3 with the fractool. My goal is to get it working them on the FM9. I'm willing to pay to convert them if someone is willing. Let me know please.

Last edited:
I'm appealing to any who can convert my old AXE2 presets to AXE3 with the fact tool. My goal is to get it working them on the FM9. I'm willing to pay to convert them if someone is willing. Let me know please.
Why not do it yourself? FracTool isn't hard to use; you just drag and drop your II presets over and save them as Axe-Fx III presets.

You should know however that even if you convert them it's likely they won't sound the same because the Axe-Fx III firmware has evolved greatly since its introduction. Converting would give you a starting point to work from, just don't expect them to sound the same after the conversion

Why not do it yourself? FracTool isn't hard to use; you just drag and drop your II presets over and save them as Axe-Fx III presets.

You should know however that even if you convert them it's likely they won't sound the same because the Axe-Fx III firmware has evolved greatly since its introduction. Converting would give you a starting point to work from, just don't expect them to sound the same after the conversion
Thanks for replying. If you read a few of the posts above I have tried with no success. I don't own a AXE3, just an FM9. And the conversion from AXE2 to FM9 is not working with fractool. It crashes on me every time I try to convert an AXE2 preset to FM9. It was suggested by AlGrenadine to convert to Axe3 first, then use the editor to create a fm9 compatible preset.

Thanks for replying. If you read a few of the posts above I have tried with no success. I don't own a AXE3, just an FM9. And the conversion from AXE2 to FM9 is not working with fractool. It crashes on me every time I try to convert an AXE2 preset to FM9. It was suggested by AlGrenadine to convert to Axe3 first, then use the editor to create a fm9 compatible preset.
Yes so does what i suggested work?

If you are referring to use an AXE3 for the fractool preset conversion I can't because I don't own an AXE3. I only have an FM9 along with Axe2 preset files. I believe that was your suggestion. If i missed something let me know.
You don't need an Axe Fx III.

Convert the presets from Axe Fx II to Axe Fx III format. Then convert from Axe Fx III format to FM9 format.

You don’t need a III to convert them. Just drag your presets on to the center icon and save them as Axe-Fx III. You should be able to then save them to your FM9.

Oops, it looks like @unix-guy beat me to the punch. :)

Back
Top Bottom