FracTool - for power users only

Thanks for your work as always Alex.

The version number shown in the file information displayed in the Finder at a Mac is still 3.63 (for version 3.69), this is still to be adjusted in the corresponding data structures.

FracTool 3.69 is available :
- it adds AxeFx III firmware 17.01 support
- FM9 support is still experimental
I just got an FM9. I'm try to import my Ax8 presets into the FM9. This is my first time using fractool so I may be doing something wrong, but I'm not having any luck. I watched a video on importing ax8 or axfx II presets into the Axefx III. It seems like an easy drag and drop function. I know "FM9 support is still experimental", but has anyone successfully used it on FM9 yet? Thanks!

I just got an FM9. I'm try to import my Ax8 presets into the FM9. This is my first time using fractool so I may be doing something wrong, but I'm not having any luck. I watched a video on importing ax8 or axfx II presets into the Axefx III. It seems like an easy drag and drop function. I know "FM9 support is still experimental", but has anyone successfully used it on FM9 yet? Thanks!
Tbh i only tried fm9 presets conversion to axe3.
I'll check tomorrow

Tried to convert some of my old AX8 Presets to my FM3. Sadly, the resulting Presets have the right structure but persits only from shunts!
Also the PreView window after the conversion say in the head colum "<PresetName>(FM3) [blocks were shunted during conversion]"
So what am i doing wrong?

Tried to convert some of my old AX8 Presets to my FM3. Sadly, the resulting Presets have the right structure but persits only from shunts!
Also the PreView window after the conversion say in the head colum "<PresetName>(FM3) [blocks were shunted during conversion]"
So what am i doing wrong?
Some blocks dont exist on fm3, so they were shunted, expected

@AlGrenadine
Thank you very much for your Answer. I would say that every Preset i tried to convert is only made of shunts - see my picture! Only Modules Inside which are also in the FM3.
I use Fractool 3.69

Fractool konvertierung.JPG

Hello there @AlGrenadine. First of all thank you for making this excellent program. I've used it millions of times converting all kind of presets to my FX8 and it worked very very well. Sadly now that I'm using my new FM9 I haven't been able to export anything. I have all my presets from the FX8 and Axe Fx II, and neither work, they all said something like this:

"Preset version : 0x215 - Firmware <= Q2.x"
Shunted not available block "Amp 1"
Shunted not available block "Cab 1"
Shunted not available block "Pitch 1"
Shunted not available block "Amp 2"
Shunted not available block "Cab 2"
Shunted not available block "Reverb 1"
You'll have to place INPUT and OUTPUT blocks manually
Converted to "FM9" "0x10b"
Sent ok

An the layout it's a mess! I've attached a photo.

Am I doing something wrong or at this moment there is no way to convert something other that Axe Fx III presets into the FM9?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.33.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.33.43 PM.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 7
Hello there @AlGrenadine. First of all thank you for making this excellent program. I've used it millions of times converting all kind of presets to my FX8 and it worked very very well. Sadly now that I'm using my new FM9 I haven't been able to export anything. I have all my presets from the FX8 and Axe Fx II, and neither work, they all said something like this:

"Preset version : 0x215 - Firmware <= Q2.x"
Shunted not available block "Amp 1"
Shunted not available block "Cab 1"
Shunted not available block "Pitch 1"
Shunted not available block "Amp 2"
Shunted not available block "Cab 2"
Shunted not available block "Reverb 1"
You'll have to place INPUT and OUTPUT blocks manually
Converted to "FM9" "0x10b"
Sent ok

An the layout it's a mess! I've attached a photo.

Am I doing something wrong or at this moment there is no way to convert something other that Axe Fx III presets into the FM9?

Thanks!
I'll answer unofficially with a quote from Al above:
- FM9 support is still experimental

Back
Top Bottom