• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

FracTool - ultimate multitool for FAS devices

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Vendor
Export to... functionality

Hi all, I've recently discovered the FracTool and I'm testing the export functionality.

I click on view of the main screen, load the preset, click on the scene and then Export to ....
When I look to exported data they are always the same, wathever scene number I select before clicking export.

What I'm doing wrong?

I'am using FM3 FW 3.02
A scene is just a blocks state.

Jimy Axp

A scene is just a blocks state.
Thank you a lot for the quick answer.

Sorry, but I do not understood what you mean.

I have a patch with 4 scenes out of 8 and in each scene there is a different amp. When i export to xml I get always this data for AMP 1

1621521760169.png

This is scene 1. I expected that exporting scene 2 i will get "SLO 100 Lead" for "Type", and different values for Bass, Mid, etc...

Thanks for your patience

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Vendor

I have a patch with 4 scenes out of 8 and in each scene there is a different amp. When i export to xml I get always this data for AMP 1

View attachment 83501

This is scene 1. I expected that exporting scene 2 i will get "SLO 100 Lead" for "Type", and different values for Bass, Mid, etc...

Thanks for your patience
Yes you get the x channel and y channel values.
Scenes are just a selection of blicks states and blocks channels, nothing more

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
Probably not, both system banks are different and there's a lot of work to reverse engineer all parameters, unless fas gives some help
I understand. With all the settings in the system it would be great if some program could export them to text as resetting them to fix an issue is a major pain to recreate & loading a back up is just going to bring the problem back. Hopefully, FAS would help or make it possible to do in Axe Edit.

unix-guy

Legend!

View attachment 83501

Thanks for your patience
You are exporting a preset, not a scene. You get the whole preset, always, and all components are included.

Also, you always have 8 scenes in a preset whether you use them or not. That's just how Fractal works.

Jimy Axp

You are exporting a preset, not a scene. You get the whole preset, always, and all components are included.

Also, you always have 8 scenes in a preset whether you use them or not. That's just how Fractal works.
Thanks, clear. The export include all components with all 4 channel data ( with empty data if channel is not used)

Jimy Axp

It's supposed to export all four values in case of a gen3 preset, but i'll check when i'll have some time
No problem, when you will have time . Thanks a lot 🙂. I verified CSV and XML export. It seems that all 4 channel data are exported only in CSV. It seems also that the param label sometime differs. The amplifier name param label for example is : "LowCutF" in CSV, "Type" in XML.

Attachments

• AF TEST.zip
    146.5 KB · Views: 0

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Vendor
No problem, when you will have time . Thanks a lot 🙂. I verified CSV and XML export. It seems that all 4 channel data are exported only in CSV. It seems also that the param label sometime differs. The amplifier name param label for example is : "LowCutF" in CSV, "Type" in XML.
Ok i probably forgot to do the xml export for gen3 devices.
I'll fix this asap

AlGrenadine

Axe-Master
Vendor
Thank you for the update; however it appears that using Batch Setter to try to instruct all cab blocks to use Ultra-Res for IR Len 1 and IR Len 2 is not working even after the update. Any ideas?
I think it's not fractool related as it seems the problem also exists on the hardware

Top Bottom