FracTool - for power users only

Cool... Did the Axe-Fx III 'Batch Setter' function get messed up with the 14.00 update, or has it not been working for a while? I actually had a need to to change the same parameter in all channels of a particular block, in multiple presets. But didn't see all of the available blocks in the list? I can do this by automating the mouse/keystrokes while running the Axe-Edit III, But I thing that FracTool would be faster?
Maybe, you tell me... I have no time for testing everything

Reactions: Rex
I remember now what I was wanting to change. The 'Gain' parameter in the 'Env Follower' controller.

It would be useful to be able to change parameters in the 'Controllers' block (ADSRs, LFOs, etc..) with the 'Batch Setter' too (if possible?)...

I remember now what I was wanting to change. The 'Gain' parameter in the 'Env Follower' controller.

It would be useful to be able to change parameters in the 'Controllers' block (ADSRs, LFOs, etc..) with the 'Batch Setter' too (if possible?)...
Yes, +1. This would be very helpful.

Oh, +45 here. Think about how that could simplify (or “make realistic”, actually) replacing FC control modifiers with External Control modifiers on, say, 400+ presets... (since we’re currently unable to map Externals to FC’s).

Oh, +45 here. Think about how that could simplify (or “make realistic”, actually) replacing FC control modifiers with External Control modifiers on, say, 400+ presets... (since we’re currently unable to map Externals to FC’s).
Did that when they gave us the ability to set any percentage as the starting value a couple firmwares back. Probably only about 80 - 90 presets, but still hours of repetitive, error-prone work that a computer could do in seconds or, at worst, minutes....

With the new Mk. II bumping preset count up to 1024, the need for useful ways of doing bulk operations is only getting more dire....

... hours of repetitive, error-prone work that a computer could do in seconds or, at worst, minutes....

... that, IMHO (in the case of FC controllers, anyway) shouldn’t have to be done to begin with. One (this one, anyway) wonders how difficult it would be for FAS to provide “map external/MIDI to FC controllers” capability as a global set-up feature —and if not doing so is a not-subtle way of boosting FC sales. Which, of course, would be their right.

Hey Al...not to be a PITA but I'm still having this issue in the Amp resetter tab. All it shows is the Drive setting. Just curious if you may know what could be causing this. I've been having it for a while now.Amp Resetter.PNGAmp Resetter.PNG

Hi,
Just gave it a hit this afternoon and encounter following issues sofar :
  • Rows/Columns : I already noticed that the FM3 grid factually is a 4x10 grid as the in and out blocks take up one row. The Send/Return blocks permit to compensate this. Before translating I adapted the Axe Fx 2 patch so to liberate column 1 and 12 of any blocks. At conversion it appears that Column2 of the Axe Fx 2 grid translates to column 1 of FM3 grid, so in the FM3 patch I have to move all blocks to the right.
  • Modifiers do not translate, I expected this so no issue, I'll have to redo all modifiers

Nothing to do with fractool : it appears Multidelay was not implemented in FM3, so far not an issue but apparently no crossfade option so for shimmering sounds this is an issue actually, will need to dig what is happening or how to compensate.
I often come to 82% of CPU load with these 'U2' patches what is better than expected (70-78% in Axe Fx 2), guess I'll have to economise on reverbs (already in économy mode)

Some other comments for perusal, that I found comparing an FM3 converted patch with it's AXE FX2 original, in case this may help for perfectionning fractool.
  • Compressor block (pedal1): Attack time value did not translate correct
  • Wah block : translates FAS for Clyde Wah, Mix translates 100% for 74.4%, High cut did not translate
  • Amp block (Matchless D-30) : Scene 1 controller linked to Input drive did not translate (values also did not). Eq frequencies did not translate. Global level linked to ADSR ? Input Boost Scene controller did not translate, pwr amp hardness did not translate,
  • Cab block Low Cut and High Cut, filter slope, room size : did not translate
  • Pan Trem, freq did not translate well (5 for 4.77), LFO type did not translate well (sinus for triangle), LFO duty cycle did not translate, depth not well 80 for 52. Envelope follower on bypass mode did not translate at all
  • Delay 2 not translated correctly (mono delay for a stereo tap), same for time values etc etc
  • Chorus : translated perfectly (analog mono)
  • GEQ : (10bvarq) bandvalues not translated, bypass mode modifier not translated
  • Delay 1 : mono tape for digital stereo, not translated
  • MTD Quad Tap : Mix NOK, delays & Tone OK but declared on tempo values (was : none), Time mod NOK, Ducker NOK, Master page OK but standard as is.
  • RVB : type NOK, ducker NOK, the rest OK

As a result, I can't say that patches do translate well from Axe Fx 2 to FM3, which might be normal BTW (must be very very hard do program all this), so for the next few patches I guess I will build up from scratch. Didn't have the time for a sonic test tonight unfortunately.

As for the MTD problem indicated in my former post, I see there's an input envelope section in the effect that should permit to arrange the crossfading subject : great !

Back
Top Bottom