FracTool - for power users only

Could anyone try it on Windows ?
I have someone complaining it doesn't run, it runs here
Can only report for Wine 5.10 running on Linux: No problem starting FracTool here; apart from that I only had the chance to play around a little and had no issues - but that was far from systematically testing ;)

Connecting on Windows 10, after restarting FracTool and cycling the FM3 power a couple of times? Some stuff seems off? The Amp Compare tool still has the option for Amp 2. There are more instances than in the FM3 of some blocks, available in the 'Batch Setter' tool.

EDIT... Tried to change presets from the Amp Compare tool, and the FM3 locks up.

Last edited:
Connecting on Windows 10, after restarting FracTool and cycling the FM3 power a couple of times? Some stuff seems off? The Amp Compare tool still has the option for Amp 2. There are more instances than in the FM3 of some blocks, available in the 'Batch Setter' tool.

EDIT... Tried to change presets from the Amp Compare tool, and the FM3 locks up.
Yes there are still lot of bugs in the FM3 firmware, i've reported to Bryant already ;)
Ok so it runs normally on Windows 10, thanks for testing :)

My computer (Mac 10.15.4.) did not open the new 3.49 (just crashed right away when trying to start), but I reverted back to 3.04 that I have been using with my AX8. Tell me if can be of assistance in testing further.

My computer (Mac 10.15.4.) did not open the new 3.49 (just crashed right away when trying to start), but I reverted back to 3.04 that I have been using with my AX8. Tell me if can be of assistance in testing further.
Runs smoothly on my 10.13.6, and if you can run 3.04 it's not because it's a 32bits app... so i have no idea
Can you check the log files on your system to see why it crashes ?

Here some information about the crash report, we can discuss in more detail through private messaging. This shows that the version would be 3.47 and not 3.49. I tried to update through the 3.04 suggestion box (on startup) and through the link in the first page of this thread. both gave the same 3.47.

Process: FracTool [35615]
Path: /Applications/FracTool.app/Contents/MacOS/FracTool
Identifier: fr.axefx.fractool
Version: 3.47 (1)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: FracTool [35615]

Crashed Thread: 6 Qt bearer thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: __ZN9QCFString9toQStringEPK8NSString
Referenced from: /Applications/FracTool.app/Contents/PlugIns/bearer/libqcorewlanbearer.dylib
Expected in: /Applications/FracTool.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

Here some information about the crash report, we can discuss in more detail through private messaging. This shows that the version would be 3.47 and not 3.49. I tried to update through the 3.04 suggestion box (on startup) and through the link in the first page of this thread. both gave the same 3.47.

Process: FracTool [35615]
Path: /Applications/FracTool.app/Contents/MacOS/FracTool
Identifier: fr.axefx.fractool
Version: 3.47 (1)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: FracTool [35615]

Crashed Thread: 6 Qt bearer thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing

Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found: __ZN9QCFString9toQStringEPK8NSString
Referenced from: /Applications/FracTool.app/Contents/PlugIns/bearer/libqcorewlanbearer.dylib
Expected in: /Applications/FracTool.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore
download this file and install it : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.pkg
(Be sure to uninstall previous FracTool)

I'm a new Fractal user and yesterday I installed Fractool for the first time. This is some brilliant software & I'll definitely get a lot of use out of it. Truly, thank you sir (and of course I made a small donation). Currently it is not communicating with my FM3. Below is a screenshot showing my hardware/software specs. Any idea what the error code is about? "Error opening MIDI ports "FM3 Communications Port".

I have a feature suggestion: Previously I was a Helix user. Ben Vesco created the "Vesco's Helix Patch Sorter", which allows you to sort preset files on your hard drive by the amp models that are used. Would this be possible in the Fractal-verse? If so, would it also be possible to further sort by effect block models? For example, you have 10 presets, 7 of which have delay blocks. The sorter separates presets with delay blocks and further sorts by delay model (digital, analog, etc..). I have downloaded like 500+ AxeChange presets and have been slowly sorting them all by the amp models. This software/feature would be super helpful! If this feature already exists in Fractool or elsewhere, please point this Noob in the right direction. Here is a link to the Vesco Helix Patch Sorter.

Thank you sir & keep up the phenomenal work!

reiNtQH.png

I'm a new Fractal user and yesterday I installed Fractool for the first time. This is some brilliant software & I'll definitely get a lot of use out of it. Truly, thank you sir (and of course I made a small donation). Currently it is not communicating with my FM3. Below is a screenshot showing my hardware/software specs. Any idea what the error code is about? "Error opening MIDI ports "FM3 Communications Port".

I have a feature suggestion: Previously I was a Helix user. Ben Vesco created the "Vesco's Helix Patch Sorter", which allows you to sort preset files on your hard drive by the amp models that are used. Would this be possible in the Fractal-verse? If so, would it also be possible to further sort by effect block models? For example, you have 10 presets, 7 of which have delay blocks. The sorter separates presets with delay blocks and further sorts by delay model (digital, analog, etc..). I have downloaded like 500+ AxeChange presets and have been slowly sorting them all by the amp models. This software/feature would be super helpful! If this feature already exists in Fractool or elsewhere, please point this Noob in the right direction. Here is a link to the Vesco Helix Patch Sorter.

Thank you sir & keep up the phenomenal work!

reiNtQH.png
Close fm3-edit, it's either it opening the port or FracTool, can't be both

For the patches sorting, what would happen with multiple amp blocks or channels ?

Back
Top Bottom