FracTool - for power users only

FracTool 3.48 is available :
- AxeFx III firmware 12.08b1 support
(correctly converts gen2 comp attack times, fm3 attack times will be correct once fm3 firmware upgraded to reflect latest AxeFx III comp changes)
- New batch setter option : Search for block where parameter = value (@yek request)
- MacOS 10.10 support is back !
speechless.... :grinning:

Using FracTool while AXE FX II is offline I can open up two stored banks on PC then drag and drop individual presets from one bank to another bank, and between banks, and save those modified banks using FracTool (Convert to Local Files).

But I cannot open a bank then open a SINGLE preset and drop it into the bank, let alone save that bank with a newly added preset since, well… I couldn’t add the new preset in the first place?

Be GREAT if I could “manage banks” in that manner WHILE FX III is off or even without an FX III being connected to laptop or PC. That is, allow me to open individual presets and add them to banks – all while FX II is offline. Be even better if I could start a NEW EMPTY BANK and simply add then arrange presets in that bank (well I guess I could save an EMPTY bank from FX III while it is on and connected to PC as a template)
Thanks

Using FracTool while AXE FX II is offline I can open up two stored banks on PC then drag and drop individual presets from one bank to another bank, and between banks, and save those modified banks using FracTool (Convert to Local Files).

But I cannot open a bank then open a SINGLE preset and drop it into the bank, let alone save that bank with a newly added preset since, well… I couldn’t add the new preset in the first place?

Be GREAT if I could “manage banks” in that manner WHILE FX III is off or even without an FX III being connected to laptop or PC. That is, allow me to open individual presets and add them to banks – all while FX II is offline. Be even better if I could start a NEW EMPTY BANK and simply add then arrange presets in that bank (well I guess I could save an EMPTY bank from FX III while it is on and connected to PC as a template)
Thanks
You can drop a preset file into a bank, with axefx offline or not

Great - but I can't seem to figure out HOW? I'm sure it's obvious but not to me - so any instructions for this dummy greatly appreciated

Great - but I can't seem to figure out HOW? I'm sure it's obvious but not to me - so any instructions for this dummy greatly appreciated
When you have a bank window open, just take a syx file of a preset and drop it on the bank window... How can it be simpler ?

FracTool 3.48 is available :
- AxeFx III firmware 12.08b1 support
(correctly converts gen2 comp attack times, fm3 attack times will be correct once fm3 firmware upgraded to reflect latest AxeFx III comp changes)
- New batch setter option : Search for block where parameter = value (@yek request)
- MacOS 10.10 support is back !

WTH??? There's no "make breakfast" upgrade??!! I'm appalled...disillusioned...and my heart just exploded. Gotta go get a transplant now and hope that when I return this damn app will start making breakfast as it should have from the very beginning. Be back later. :p

When you have a bank window open, just take a syx file of a preset and drop it on the bank window... How can it be simpler ?

I'm using 3.48 and that DOES NOT work here, it didn't in any previous versions either going back to Fractool when I got my FX 3 in 2018. It won;t drop into (onto) the open bank I get the universal icon for "screw you" -LOL (Circle with line through it) and even if I ignore the "no go" Icon and let go with mouse anyway - the single preset .syx does NOT end up in the open bank.

I can exchange, copy, move, single presets BETWEEN two open BANKS. But not a single presets.syx from the the OS file folder/explorer (with drag and drop) onto an open Bank in FracTool. Or by opening a single preset in Fract tool and trying to drop it onto an Open bank in Fractool

So not so "simpler" in my case anyway, and again I'm sure it's me not the tool .... (but not sure how)

I'm using 3.48 and that DOES NOT work here, it didn't in any previous versions either going back to Fractool when I got my FX 3 in 2018. It won;t drop into (onto) the open bank I get the universal icon for "screw you" -LOL (Circle with line through it) and even if I ignore the "no go" Icon and let go with mouse anyway - the single preset .syx does NOT end up in the open bank.

I can exchange, copy, move, single presets BETWEEN two open BANKS. But not a single presets.syx from the the OS file folder/explorer (with drag and drop) onto an open Bank in FracTool. Or by opening a single preset in Fract tool and trying to drop it onto an Open bank in Fractool

So not so "simpler" in my case anyway, and again I'm sure it's me not the tool .... (but not sure how)
What OS and version, just out of curiosity, and to get everyone on the same page?

It works here : i drop 2 preset files at the same time on the magnifying glass, it opens a "presets" window (a new bank).
Then i drop another preset syx file on the (bank) window and it gets inserted in the bank
Win10 Pro 1909 too

Hey, I'm attempting to update these patches from AX8 to FXIII, the patches load in FracTool and show all the amps/routing/settings, then I save as and choose Axe FX III, but when I import those presets to the Axe FX there's no content.

The patches are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vPOzcVX4ZBZKvcaVuci2HA6LYlWeKGgy

As linked from this video:

And an example of one I attempted to port to Axe FX III is attached.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• And Justice for James(AxeFx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
AlGrenadine my apologies for wasting your time (but read on) - I finally got it, working as you explained, Dave "triggered" me to figure it out

Dave - that was it, sort of, but in reverse.

I run almost everything as Admin and wide open (UAC is off ) I have other means of protection on that PC
I looked at the folder it was in (maybe it had no write permissions, etc.) ... finally I simply DISABLED "Run as Admin" - that did it.

For grins I tired FracTool in a few different folders higher and lower (in my User folder, in Programs folder, on boot drive root, on different drive,..) Fractool runs exactly as AlGrenadine explained above no matter where its placed as long as I DO NOT run as Administrator (that's a first for me - LOL) as soon as I change it to run as Admin it won't let me drag and drop,

In any case, it works - and it is a great tool I should have run this to ground back in Aug of 2018 when I got my FX 3

Hey, I'm attempting to update these patches from AX8 to FXIII, the patches load in FracTool and show all the amps/routing/settings, then I save as and choose Axe FX III, but when I import those presets to the Axe FX there's no content.

The patches are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vPOzcVX4ZBZKvcaVuci2HA6LYlWeKGgy

As linked from this video:

And an example of one I attempted to port to Axe FX III is attached.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Yes, don't save the axefx3 presets offline unless your axefx3 has the latest firmware, which is obviously not the case.
Drop the ax8 preset on the axefx3 icon in FracTool, then FracTool will know which preset version it has to build.
If it still doesn't work, use axefx3 latest firmware.

Yes, don't save the axefx3 presets offline unless your axefx3 has the latest firmware, which is obviously not the case.
Drop the ax8 preset on the axefx3 icon in FracTool, then FracTool will know which preset version it has to build.
If it still doesn't work, use axefx3 latest firmware.
I was plugged into my axefx3 at the time, but I was using 12.07 instead of the 12.08 beta, using using the middle convert icon instead of the axefx3 icon. I'll try ragging an dropping to the Axefx3 icon in a little bit and hopefully that'll do the trick!

Edit: Dragging to the Axe FX III icon did indeed do the trick. Thank you!

Last edited:
AlGrenadine my apologies for wasting your time (but read on) - I finally got it, working as you explained, Dave "triggered" me to figure it out

Dave - that was it, sort of, but in reverse.

I run almost everything as Admin and wide open (UAC is off ) I have other means of protection on that PC
I looked at the folder it was in (maybe it had no write permissions, etc.) ... finally I simply DISABLED "Run as Admin" - that did it.

For grins I tired FracTool in a few different folders higher and lower (in my User folder, in Programs folder, on boot drive root, on different drive,..) Fractool runs exactly as AlGrenadine explained above no matter where its placed as long as I DO NOT run as Administrator (that's a first for me - LOL) as soon as I change it to run as Admin it won't let me drag and drop,

In any case, it works - and it is a great tool I should have run this to ground back in Aug of 2018 when I got my FX 3
That makes sense actually. Windows won't let a lower privileged window interact with a higher privileged one.

Anyway, glad it's sorted, onward!

Since I now have FracTool working (at least for me) I should just leave this alone but it is nagging the hell out of me.

The reason is NOT the one you listed (unless what you said is not what I read and interrupted): It was not the typical, "Windows won't let lower privileged window interact with a higher privileged one." When that does occur, the usual way to correct is to set the program to run "as Admin." My issue was the opposite of what you suggested was the cause, Fractool didn't work fully when it WAS set to run "as Admin."

Look back, I actually had to STOP running FracTool “as Admin.”

Having to de-privilege an executable is first for me.

OK let rocks fly

Since I now have FracTool working (at least for me) I should just leave this alone but it is nagging the hell out of me.

The reason is NOT the one you listed (unless what you said is not what I read and interrupted): It was not the typical, "Windows won't let lower privileged window interact with a higher privileged one." When that does occur, the usual way to correct is to set the program to run "as Admin." My issue was the opposite of what you suggested was the cause, Fractool didn't work fully when it WAS set to run "as Admin."

Look back, I actually had to STOP running FracTool “as Admin.”

Having to de-privilege an executable is first for me.

OK let rocks fly

(throws rock @ Larry Kehl then ducks behind a large solid inanimate object)

Back
Top Bottom