FracTool - for power users only

Thx a lot and I could make it, but the preset seems to be very noisy and very far from the sound I heard from the post someone had done in another forum.
Is that the correct effect of the conversion?
For the noise, the AxeFx III gates thresholds work very differently, usually bump their threshold of about +20dB to get similar results

For the noise, the AxeFx III gates thresholds work very differently, usually bump their threshold of about +20dB to get similar results
Thanks a lot for your kind reply.
Yes my version is updated and changed the threshold settings, but still many noise.
If possible could you please try same and advise me?

Attachments

• AxeFXver.PNG
    AxeFXver.PNG
    165.8 KB · Views: 8
How and where can I download the 3.46 version of Fractool. There is no reference to the version number at the first page.
I never can tell what I am downloading. Can this be rectified.
Thanks

How and where can I download the 3.46 version of Fractool. There is no reference to the version number at the first page.
I never can tell what I am downloading. Can this be rectified.
Thanks
You can't, you always download the latest version only, as it's the only one kept

Have I just lost Fractool also . Just this minute I pressed the update button on launching Fractool and it obviously won't run on my Mac 10.11....
Yes, when the update was proposed to you there was a message alerting you to not update if not on osx 10.12+

Yes, when the update was proposed to you there was a message alerting you to not update if not on osx 10.12+
Completely my fault. It reminds me every time on launch but this time I hit the wrong button....! but your excellent software is now lost to me.

Would someone who is running a Mac with 10.11(El Capitan) running fractool kindly PM me and then possibly e-mail the older version.

Hoping this isn't against any rules.

Completely my fault. It reminds me every time on launch but this time I hit the wrong button....! but your excellent software is now lost to me.

Would someone who is running a Mac with 10.11(El Capitan) running fractool kindly PM me and then possibly e-mail the older version.

No problem ;)

Lots of views but no one has the older version! ... An easy way would be to compress the file (zip) and attach it in a reply.

might be useful for others following in my (not so) clever footsteps :)

Last edited:
we don't because for each update the new version erase the old one
Yes. thats what got me into this problem. Im waiting and hoping someone is around who is running pre OS10.12 and remembers to not update.

Great (free) software but you miss it when you haven't got it anymore....

Yes. thats what got me into this problem. Im waiting and hoping someone is around who is running pre OS10.12 and remembers to not update.

Great (free) software but you miss it when you haven't got it anymore....
Update your mac to 10.12 then

Update your mac to 10.12 then

OSX 10.11 is the cut-off on my mac and it won't accept any further upgrades unfortunately.

it seemed like an easy fix but buying a new computer may be the only solution. Will have to wait in the current climate though.

Thank you both (fremen and AlGrenadine) for replying (and for the top products).

If theres still a chance in the foreseeable that someone can reply with a (zip) of the old Fractool it would be really appreciated.

OSX 10.11 is the cut-off on my mac and it won't accept any further upgrades unfortunately.

it seemed like an easy fix but buying a new computer may be the only solution. Will have to wait in the current climate though.

Thank you both (fremen and AlGrenadine) for replying (and for the top products).

If theres still a chance in the foreseeable that someone can reply with a (zip) of the old Fractool it would be really appreciated.
I'll check if next FracTool can be built with older framework but i can't guarantee

Good news for you, next FracTool update will be compatible with macos 10.10+
Just have to wait for it to be released, when AxeFx III 12.08 will be released

Good news for you, next FracTool update will be compatible with macos 10.10+
Just have to wait for it to be released, when AxeFx III 12.08 will be released
Great news... Thank you.

I had no intention of dropping my problem at your door and especially giving you more work! .. I hope that has shown. Im all for the progress and development in most things.

If someone else had posted this problem I would of been in a position to help. I was running the older version and I could of simply replied with a copy of my version. Who knows, it still might happen.... if it does... forget about my problem and crack on with the top work 👍

Getting to know my (fantastic) AX8 better in these sombre times and the forum just keeps giving.

Stay safe.

FracTool 3.48 is available :
- AxeFx III firmware 12.08b1 support
(correctly converts gen2 comp attack times, fm3 attack times will be correct once fm3 firmware upgraded to reflect latest AxeFx III comp changes)
- New batch setter option : Search for block where parameter = value (@yek request)
- MacOS 10.10 support is back !

Back
Top Bottom