FracTool - for power users only

How are you feeling brother? Was just thinking about our Fractal friends having health issues..having been thru some myself...but I’m optimistic and feeling good and wishing the same for all of us.
How are you feeling brother? Was just thinking about our Fractal friends having health issues..having been thru some myself...but I’m optimistic and feeling good and wishing the same for all of us.
Thanks my friend,
Long recovery process here, i hope beeing able to program few things this week ;)

Just discovered this - great work! Something I would find extremely valuable is to compare all of the amp settings side by side for, say, x and y on a block. Normally I accomplish this by feverishly switching back and forth on all of the amp pages in axe-edit looking for differences, to help keep my tendency to tweak every knob in check :). Is this currently possible with Fractool? I looked around a bit, but short of dumping data to CSV manually and then parsing this data I didn't see a smooth way to do it. Ideally, differences between the block settings could be highlighted or summarized somehow.

Or - do you have a CLI available that might offer some options for automation?

Also, would love to learn more about your project. I didn't see a repo listed earlier, so I'm assuming this thread is the best source of information?

Thanks for the awesome work!

Just discovered this - great work! Something I would find extremely valuable is to compare all of the amp settings side by side for, say, x and y on a block. Normally I accomplish this by feverishly switching back and forth on all of the amp pages in axe-edit looking for differences, to help keep my tendency to tweak every knob in check :). Is this currently possible with Fractool? I looked around a bit, but short of dumping data to CSV manually and then parsing this data I didn't see a smooth way to do it. Ideally, differences between the block settings could be highlighted or summarized somehow.

Or - do you have a CLI available that might offer some options for automation?

Also, would love to learn more about your project. I didn't see a repo listed earlier, so I'm assuming this thread is the best source of information?

Thanks for the awesome work!
Best way to learn : trial and error

Absolutely - hands on is how I learn best, but I was wondering if you had any documentation or public repository alongside the descriptions in your OP?

Hi. I just downloaded Fractool on my mac laptop pro....When I tried to open it up, It told me that I cannot open an application that wasn't from a registered developer....or something to that effect. How do I open it and put it in my applications? Sorry Im a newbie to this. I want to convert my AX8 presets to AXEfxIII and this to my knowledge is the only application to do that. Im sure that in the 157 pages on this forum link, there probably is an answer to this dilemma, unfortunately I don't have the time to read through all those posts. :( Please help.

( This is from memory so bear with me). Right click and choose open from the drop down menu. Then click Open in the dialog box. After you do that you’ll be able to open it as you would normally would.

Hi. I just downloaded Fractool on my mac laptop pro....When I tried to open it up, It told me that I cannot open an application that wasn't from a registered developer....or something to that effect. How do I open it and put it in my applications? Sorry Im a newbie to this. I want to convert my AX8 presets to AXEfxIII and this to my knowledge is the only application to do that. Im sure that in the 157 pages on this forum link, there probably is an answer to this dilemma, unfortunately I don't have the time to read through all those posts. :( Please help.
Try this:
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/mac-app-unidentified-developer-3669596/

Drop preset banks on the hard-drive icon, then click the top-left menu in the bank window to save as Axe-fx-3 format.
Do the same thing for cab banks.
Then use FractalBot to send the presets then the cabs.
No, custom hatmonizer scales are in the system bank which cannot be converted

One question, have you ever had the issue, that the AxeFX3 is not as loud as the AX8 after the conversion?

i have both units at my Mixing desk with same settings. Sounds quite similar (great Work👍) but the AX8 is much louder. 🤔
Both Level 1 knobs on both units are completely turned right.
I know it’s not a really big deal, but want to find out, what’s the reason

Last edited:
One question, have you ever had the issue, that the FX3 is not as loud as the AX8 after the conversion?

i have both units at my Mixing desk with same settings. Sounds quite similar (great Work👍) but the AX8 is much louder. 🤔
Both Level 1 knobs on both units are completely turned right.
I know it’s not a really big deal, but want to find out, what’s the reason
Is your FX3 set to +4dB output?
IIRC, it is set to -10dB out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom