FracTool - for power users only

Al you're a software madman! Thanks for everything you do. While I dont have multiple platforms that I need to convert (I only use my XL), I greatly appreciate your talent and willingness to bring great things into this world. Donated!!!!

Could not say it any better than Lawrence did. So ditto! :)

So here are a few of the Tyler Grund presets I was talking about. For each preset I took a screen shot of the converter window after the conversion, and then closed the converter and opened AX8-Edit and took a screenshot of the preset in the editor window.

These are presets from a much older firmware version and as you can see they did not translate cleanly. It will be interesting to see if you get different results than I did.

Attachments

• pride_tylergrund_1.0.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 10
  • pride_tylergrund-01.png
    pride_tylergrund-01.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 30
  • pride_tylergrund-02.png
    pride_tylergrund-02.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 26
  • redhouse_tylergrund_1.0.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
  • redhouse_tylergrund-01.png
    redhouse_tylergrund-01.png
    58 KB · Views: 26
  • redhouse_tylergrund-02.png
    redhouse_tylergrund-02.png
    177.2 KB · Views: 26
So here are a few of the Tyler Grund presets I was talking about. For each preset I took a screen shot of the converter window after the conversion, and then closed the converter and opened AX8-Edit and took a screenshot of the preset in the editor window.

These are presets from a much older firmware version and as you can see they did not translate cleanly. It will be interesting to see if you get different results than I did.

2 problems : the preset uses only one amp but it's Amp2... I'm gonna try to handle such cases.
The shunts are not shown and i don't know why because they are here, but it may come from the destination preset version. I'm now gonna fix ax8 presets to 0x105 every time... Maybe it will fix this

Al you're a software madman! Thanks for everything you do. While I dont have multiple platforms that I need to convert (I only use my XL), I greatly appreciate your talent and willingness to bring great things into this world. Donated!!!!
Thanks Lawrence ;)
But if one day you need to send your preset to a friend who does not have an XL you'll need this tool ;)

2 problems : the preset uses only one amp but it's Amp2... I'm gonna try to handle such cases.
The shunts are not shown and i don't know why because they are here, but it may come from the destination preset version. I'm now gonna fix ax8 presets to 0x105 every time... Maybe it will fix this

Thanks so much for looking into this. You have been super responsive in doing fixes and updates. Thank You! :D

Just tried out the newest version! Wow! Awesome features added! Just what I've been looking / asking for! Now it shows the presets original layout, and the modified / converted layout. In my case it's modified for transfer to the AX8, so it shows you before and after windows detailing what change were made to fit in the AX8 architecture. Now I can see what the original layout looked like.

Fantastic! :D Cheers! :cool:

Would it be possible that when a block is left out of the conversion, it is saved as a block. Say a 2-amp preset is being converted to Ax8, Amp 1 gets put in the preset after conversion but amp block 2 is saved as a block?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just remotely connected to my home PC and did it and it looks the same. I am just launching the exe and dragging the syx over it. Tried once converting to XL+ and once to AX8

Attachments

• axesend.png
    axesend.png
    310.2 KB · Views: 27
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I just remotely connected to my home PC and did it and it looks the same. I am just launching the exe and dragging the syx over it. Tried once converting to XL+ and once to AX8

I now see it says error decoding preset. It worked fine on my AxeFX when I downloaded it yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom