FracTool - for power users only

I'll give you an example: I add a volume block to every preset so that I can control the volume with an external pedal and not lose reverb trails and other spatial effects. I’d like to be able to add or change a modifier source from say External 1 to External 2 in a batch without having to modify blocks in each individual preset.

I'll give you an example: I add a volume block to every preset so that I can control the volume with an external pedal and not lose reverb trails and other spatial effects. I’d like to be able to add or change a modifier source from say External 1 to External 2 in a batch without having to modify blocks in each individual preset.
Ok but it's a little bit more complicated than it appears : you'd have specify the modifier parameter you wanna change and also a "only if" criteria. You don't wanna change every modifier

I certainly don't want to change every modifier for every block.. But couldn't these modifiers be set per individual block type? For example, if I want to change the source, or any other parameter for that matter, on the Volume or Wah blocks I would want to select the Volume block and then choose which modifier parameters of the Volume block to change via a drop down or some such other construct such as a min/max range.

Does that make any sense?

I certainly don't want to change every modifier for every block.. But couldn't these modifiers be set per individual block type? For example, if I want to change the source, or any other parameter for that matter, on the Volume or Wah blocks I would want to select the Volume block and then choose which modifier parameters of the Volume block to change via a drop down or some such other construct such as a min/max range.

Does that make any sense?
No because you could have multiple modifiers on the same block

Ok but it's a little bit more complicated than it appears : you'd have specify the modifier parameter you wanna change and also a "only if" criteria. You don't wanna change every modifier
What about adding a saved library block to a specific location? For instance, create a volume block and save it to your library. Then, have the ability to batch insert it to a specific location on the grid. So specify row 2, block 2. That would be huge. Say, you have a favorite pedal you like to use, like a klon. Now, you can insert it into every preset at once. Favorite Reverb, delay, etc. Possibilities abound.

I think you can create a volume block with the modifier definition and save it to your library. Then batch add it to your chain that way.

Edit: If this is possible, one could combine this with the batch delete function and have the ability to move effects in all the presets. :eek:

Like your tremolo before the amp block? Save it to library. Batch delete them. Batch insert from library. :fearscream: YUGE!!!!

Last edited:
Accessing AxeEdit library... Too hard for the time i have
I understand. Any other way to save a block? Export it? Maybe you could code it to insert a block type then define it’s parameters. Just brainstorming. I think it would be a powerful feature. Thanks for everything else!

I understand. Any other way to save a block? Export it? Maybe you could code it to insert a block type then define it’s parameters. Just brainstorming. I think it would be a powerful feature. Thanks for everything else!

You could link your fav drive as global block and then 'load and link' it in all of your other presets. That way you get able to change all presets at once from the hardware.

Sorry about the confusion but I program my III and FC rig at home and then bring my Macbook to the venue (where I have my performance rig permanently installed) simply to download my presets and FC layouts using Axe Edit. Given that the FC is programmed via the III, I was hoping to use an app on my iPad (since I already have it with me for the music charts). I bought the app anyway - Thanks!

This is FracTool thread, no

Sorry about the confusion but I program my III and FC rig at home and then bring my Macbook to the venue (where I have my performance rig permanently installed) simply to download my presets and FC layouts using Axe Edit. Given that the FC is programmed via the III, I was hoping to use an app on my iPad (since I already have it with me for the music charts). I bought the app anyway - Thanks!
Thanks but you're talking about FracPad, this is FracTool thread

Back
Top Bottom