FracTool - for power users only

Nice utility Al. Two questions:

1) Is there a way to change a block's Global Block settings? I have a bunch of presets whose amp block is linked to a global block, and I want to unlink the amp block across all my presets so that they're standalone.

2) Is there a way to turn blocks off/on in specific scenes across a range of presets? Current use case is that I'm moving to an amp model that won't require drive in front of it, so I want to leave the drive block, but turn it off.

Thanks!
Thanks,

1 : no
2 : yes, in batch setter use the "Bypass block and save" function across the wanted preset range

Works fine on my end, w/ W10.
I did have to allow the program to run, as my virus-checker tagged it as a potential threat, when I initially installed it. Not sure if this could be your issue?

not sure if anyone has mentioned this earlier, before you begin tweaking on Axe II to Axe III patches check the Output Block for gain changes on the Scene Output tab. Some of my Main Output levels were set to zero and the main output level for the patch was transferred to the Scene1 Output level on the second tab.

For Fractool. I have the Axe FX 3 and I wanted to see how it functions with the 3. I just don’t understand what all Fractool does or how to do it.
Well it's pretty straightforward, and usually people don't read the manuals (see dozens of posts in this forum where reading the manual would have avoided posting)...
So it depends what you wanna do with it, but FracTool can do numerous things :
- Convert between fasDevices presets/banks/cabs : drop a syx file on the fasDevice icon in fractool and it will send it to your fasDevice, with on the fly convert
- Convert offline : drop a syx file on the harddrive icon in FracTool and it will ask you the destination fileformat
- See files offline : drop a syx preset on the magnifying glass icon in FracTool and see the whole preset without the need to have any fasDevice connected.
- CabList functionality : once a fasDevice is connected, hit the cablist tab, it will poll every preset on your machine and will list which cuser cabs are used, This is useful to cleanup your usercabs by example...
- Amps compare tab : will allow you to change the current preset's amp type without changing any other parameter. This is useful for discovering new sounds you wouldn't have been able to stumble on
- AxeChange/AxeChange cabs : send or view axechange presets/cabs directly from FracTool.
- Batch setter : will allow you to modify a range of presets, by example setting a specific parameter in every preset to a specific value, or incrementing a parameter or etc...
- Amp resetter : allows you to reset amp blocks in a preset range, and keeping selected parameters untouched

Of course you can contact me in pm or via facebook in order to get more help

Well it's pretty straightforward, and usually people don't read the manuals (see dozens of posts in this forum where reading the manual would have avoided posting)...
So it depends what you wanna do with it, but FracTool can do numerous things :
- Convert between fasDevices presets/banks/cabs : drop a syx file on the fasDevice icon in fractool and it will send it to your fasDevice, with on the fly convert
- Convert offline : drop a syx file on the harddrive icon in FracTool and it will ask you the destination fileformat
- See files offline : drop a syx preset on the magnifying glass icon in FracTool and see the whole preset without the need to have any fasDevice connected.
- CabList functionality : once a fasDevice is connected, hit the cablist tab, it will poll every preset on your machine and will list which cuser cabs are used, This is useful to cleanup your usercabs by example...
- Amps compare tab : will allow you to change the current preset's amp type without changing any other parameter. This is useful for discovering new sounds you wouldn't have been able to stumble on
- AxeChange/AxeChange cabs : send or view axechange presets/cabs directly from FracTool.
- Batch setter : will allow you to modify a range of presets, by example setting a specific parameter in every preset to a specific value, or incrementing a parameter or etc...
- Amp resetter : allows you to reset amp blocks in a preset range, and keeping selected parameters untouched

Of course you can contact me in pm or via facebook in order to get more help
Thanks! That’s really helpful!

I must be a touch more nerdy because I read manuals to things I don’t even own to see if I really need them.

Hello. I'm an Axe FX3 newbie here, so please forgive the stupid question in advance.

Yesterday, I downloaded several patches off of Axe Change and did the conversion as instructed in the video. With one exception, all of the patches seemed to have massive input gain issues (the tones were super buzzy and not at all pleasant). The other patch seemed to have almost no input gain at all, though there was some minimal signal coming through. I checked the input parameters and all seemed to be OK, though again, I am a noob. As a reference, added several Axe FX3 specific patches and they all sounded fine.

I'm sure it's me and not the software, but any pointers are appreciated.

Best

Hello. I'm an Axe FX3 newbie here, so please forgive the stupid question in advance.

Yesterday, I downloaded several patches off of Axe Change and did the conversion as instructed in the video. With one exception, all of the patches seemed to have massive input gain issues (the tones were super buzzy and not at all pleasant). The other patch seemed to have almost no input gain at all, though there was some minimal signal coming through. I checked the input parameters and all seemed to be OK, though again, I am a noob. As a reference, added several Axe FX3 specific patches and they all sounded fine.

I'm sure it's me and not the software, but any pointers are appreciated.

Best
Probably because they were made with old firmware versions.

Thanks AlGrenadine. Is there any way though that, or is it a lost cause? Again, sorry for the stupid question. I'm in learning mode here.

Thanks AlGrenadine. Is there any way though that, or is it a lost cause? Again, sorry for the stupid question. I'm in learning mode here.
That's normal behavior : a parameter P set to value V in firmware F will not necessarily produce the exact same effect in firmware F+1...

Back
Top Bottom