FracTool - for power users only

I do, but I run out of room. I can only grab the FracTool window within the menu bar (highlighted in red) and when I move it up as far as I can, I still don't see the bottom right-hand corner.

Change the resolution of your screen temporarily, adjust window size, restore resolution.

Big problem ^^
Sorry i don't have time for this...

Not a deal breaker at the moment. Just thought I would bring it to your attention as it seems to be a scaling issue within the app.

The good news, is that it does a great job converting Axe-Fx II presets to FX8 presets!

Hi, just used FracTool to port my XL+ presets over to III. Great help! One recommendation for an improvement: set the unused cabs (in my case that was 2,3,4) on XL+ patches to "Mute" when converting if possible. Other than that, this tool works perfect!

Found an interim solution.

"How to resize a window using only the keyboard

1. Enter the keyboard combination Alt+Space Bar to open the system menu.
  2. Type the letter “s”
  3. A double-headed pointer will appear
  4. To make the window smaller, press the right arrow key to select the right edge of the window and then repeatedly press the left arrow to reduce the size
  5. Press “Enter”.
It’s an old trick but you will be glad you know it if you get one of those oversized windows."

At least now when I close FracTool and re-open it, it remembers the last window size it was at when the program was closed.

@AlGrenadine, maybe you're working on a higher resolution monitor than I have and when you created the .exe file, it stored the maximum window size for your monitor? Just a thought.

Ok all. I am getting ready to use FracTool. I have an AxeFX II XL+ that has been backed up to my computer. I installed my new AxeFX III in place of the II. Do I need to have the AxeFX II XL+ still hooked up to do the conversions to III or can I just convert the backup presets? Also, what does FracTool do with them once converted? Does the III have to be hooked up and running to upload them or does FracTool just dump them on your desktop? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm just getting ready to do this for the 1st time.

Thanks,

Roger

Ok all. I am getting ready to use FracTool. I have an AxeFX II XL+ that has been backed up to my computer. I installed my new AxeFX III in place of the II. Do I need to have the AxeFX II XL+ still hooked up to do the conversions to III or can I just convert the backup presets? Also, what does FracTool do with them once converted? Does the III have to be hooked up and running to upload them or does FracTool just dump them on your desktop? Sorry for the newbie questions, but I'm just getting ready to do this for the 1st time.

Thanks,

Roger
Check the video on the op

FracTool 2.83 is available :
- Fixes Wah and Tremolo bypass states
- Fixes Input1 was sometimes bypassed
- Mutes unused cab slots in cab block
- Fixes PresetBank export to single AxeFx III presets
- Fixes modifiers controller id when converting to III
- Fixes AxeFx III preset drop on icon in FracTool

Known issues : synth blocks don't translate well, fixed in next release
Another known issue, but idk how to solve it : Previous generations used a different output level per scene in the output block.
Now on the III it doesn't exist anymore BUT the output blocks can have 4 channels, so it can handle 4 different levels across 8 scenes, so how do you prefer FracTool to convert those cases ?
  • Convert 4 first scene levels to ABCD channels and use channel A in scene 1, B in scene 2 etc...
  • Convert the 4 first DIFFERENT levels found in the preset into ABCD channels and uses the correct channel in the correct scene but use channel A when a 5th level is encoutered and so on ?
  • Set AxeFx III's output block to be on the same channel and same level across scenes

Last edited:
Option #3 seems the most logical to me. Simply because the III doesn't support level-per-scene. Options 1 and 2 interfere with other stuff and do not (read: can not) really solve the issue. With some much conversion work already done by FracTool, user can fine-tune levels themselves as an aftertouch.

Back
Top Bottom